Why are there so many rules for Dating?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by guerillabedlam, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

And why are they all written in what appears to be Sumerian?

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

You're welcome to say more about what happened if you'd like

3. Fayeth

Fayeth Members

Men these days only seem to want sex once with you, then block you the next day. That is my experience with dating. The fuck and run syndrome...

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I’ve had a few women do that to me before- I can relate

5. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

Don't think of them as rules. They are not a law that you must abide by. Consider them common sense dating guidelines.

All relationships are different and you can't be too rigid when it comes to the dating game. I suppose that goes for anything in life!

6. Fayeth

Fayeth Members

I've had it happen to me two years in a row on a dating sites and because of that I'm just giving up...I guess so, I'm just convinced that no man wants a relationship they just want to stick their dick in as many orifices as they can..LOL it makes me wonder how I ever got into any relationships in my life...maybe as of 5 years ago, relationships are a thing of the past

Eric! likes this.
  7. newbie-one

I wonder if any of them went into it with any sincere interest in having a longer relationship, or they were only after ONS from the start.

Eric! likes this.
  8. Eric!

Online dating, from my experience, wasn’t that bad at all. I’ve met some decent women, a few I’m actually still friends with. But yeah, intentions on both sides was definitely to be intimate and in some cases, down right naughty. Needs were being met. Listen, don’t give up- there’s plenty of nice dudes out there to meet online, or you can always do the traditional fashion of actually going out and meeting people at social gatherings, clubs, etc. Giving up is bullshit-don’t let a few bad experiences ruin what your chances of getting what you’re looking for.

9. Fayeth

Fayeth Members

Well easier said than done. I gave up almost 10 years of my life to someone I'd known half my life, who turns out had been cheating on me the entire 7 years and in another relationship with someone else at the same time in the last year, and living with her . All the while emotionally and mentally abusing me for 7 years and using me financially. That kind of s*** you just don't get over it in a year. I suffered a lot of trauma and now I don't trust anymore.

10. Eric!

I understand

11. newbie-one

That's understandable.

It may be difficult, or even impossible not to bring a certain level of anger about past relationships into future ones, but that can also be an obstacle to making future relationships work.

You might want to give individual or group therapy a try. Idk, there must be some good books out there about relationships, but I don't know of any.

12. Fayeth

Fayeth Members

Narcissistic abuse-they don't just have groups everywhere and most therapists don't actually know anything about it because they don't make it mandatory for getting a doctorate in psychology. what happened to me wasn't a normal relationship you have to have been around or understand what mental illness is, to know what it was like.

13. newbie-one

Individual and group therapy can be helpful for a range of traumatic experiences, though certainly if the therapy or group was focused on the kind of abuse you went through, it would probably be more helpful.

www.hotpeachpages.net has a library of information about abusive relationships. Most of it is centered around domestic violence, which you didn't say was a feature of your relationship, but it sounds like your ex fits the type. The DV community might be able to help you even if your ex's abuse never spilled over into violence.