Why are some women attracted to much older men?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Tarp, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Tarp

Tarp Member

I'm 53 years old. But I don't see myself that old. I'm as fit as many half my age, and am often told I look younger than I am. I have a few friends who are in their late 20s to 30s that I recreate with, including women. Up until several years ago, I wouldn't have thought these women or others their age could be attracted to me. But, I have sensed it. And gotta admit, I like it! Initially, I thought it was just wishful thinking, or early onset dementia. And I'd ask myself "Why would an attractive young woman be attracted to an old fu@ker like me?".

Unless that dementia is here, or I'm seriously delusional, I think there's some attraction but, I can't really find out since I am married, and rather happily so.

So, I'm just left to the fantasies, and wondering the hows and whys. If there are any women here who have found themselves wanting a much older man, or have had a relationship with a much older man, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts, and what the driving factors were in your attraction.

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I hope someone answers this one!

It was moved from the "Polls" forum because it asks no yes/no question.

Tarp likes this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yea, I felt that attention too until about 60--65. Ignored it.

Tarp likes this.
  4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Young women might see older men as more mature and more capable of maintaining a stable relationship. Young men more likely see older women as someone you can fool around with.

5. Tarp

Tarp Member

That is what I'm suspecting, plus the extra experience in life and maybe with sex. Maybe older men exude some sort of confidence with those things that young women pick up on and are attracted to.?? Maybe a mature face, confident eye contact? It wasn't until I was in my early 40s that I began to confidently look women in the eyes with no hesitation.

Just some thoughts. Would like to hear more.

oldguynurse likes this.
  6. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Daddy issues,

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  7. Tarp

Tarp Member

Do you mean a young woman that didn't have a good relationship with her dad and is looking for a father figure? Or are you talking about something else?

8. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Yes exactly

9. ..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2023
  10. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

I was 23 when I met my husband when he was 43..... married for almost 24 years--- the years are catching up to us some

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  11. JerryS

JerryS Members

Not that long ago the usual year gap between a women and a man was 15 to 20 years. The reason for this was that a young man would not have built up an asset base to look after his wife and any children. The problem is these days is that folks follow Hollywood BS and now they get married for love as a result we now have a very high marraige turn over rate with children shouldering the costs. Children from broken homes are well represented in the statistics on the negative side while their parents are occupied with XFactor and ticking FB likes on the IPhone.

drock69 likes this.
  12. carpetbagger

carpetbagger Member

Mainly money.
    You will notice how few are attracted to poor old men as opposed to well to do old men.
    Of course there are exceptions, but mainly money.

drock69 likes this.
  13. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That's a big gap AC, I was 40 when I married, 12 years older than my wife. 20 years quite big difference.

I like younger women but neva seem to have them coming on to me .....but do have younger guys who come on to me, so very happy to go with that sex!

Simon :)

14. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

yes --- the age gap is starting to catch up to us---with health issues but we've been married almost 24 years (in Dec).

You Si69 are always cracking me up!! you are older than my husband by just a few years and I admire your passion for healthy sex! May you be blessed with many, many more years of it too! (as many know I read a lot of different erotica books-- the silver fox genera is growing in popularity) :D

scratcho likes this.
  15. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Ah AC you are so nice.....thank you for your wishes. We're in level 4 lockdown here just now so not easy to meet anyone though there are one or two

We were married 25 years before splitting; I'm sorry to hear that health issues are a problem....just hope covid will not be another.

Take care,

Simon :)

arizonacook likes this.
  16. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Yes I agree .I get often younger girls eyeing me up ,ones I would only consider as the type of girl my 21 year old son would bring home .Certainly not for me if I was single .Another factor is they like leaders and see a mature guy as a leader .There are also other factors at play such as stability and experience in the bedroom department .Many "Boys" can't bring these traits to the table yet

17. drock69

drock69 Members

“It’s all about money, ain’t a damn thing funny!”
    Grand Master Flash

18. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

I wish some one would have told me that 24 years ago......... ;)

19. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Why do men marry younger women ? It is a two way street.
    Why, could be for many reasons, not just because of " money ".

arizonacook likes this.
  20. Scharff

Scharff Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Years ago, my FWB accepted her "sugar baby" role from an older man and she benefited greatly from the money although she did a lot of sex. Then, as she got older, he found another young one and sent her on her way with a tidy payment. Now, she wants older men for their experience. She likes young cock but she says the young men attached to them don't fuck nearly as well as older men do. So what used to be a few minutes of hard body, passionate sex is replaced by long, deep session sex.

Deejay88 likes this.