Why are some parents more loyal to religions than to themselves or their wives and children?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Nov 15, 2018.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Thanks for distorting and lying about what I put as your leave. G D hypocrite and liar.

Regards
    DL

2. Matias

Matias Members

I was just using it as a figure of speech.

I personally see more good than bad in my life. I have a really good life and I know that others are not as fortunate.

In my opinion there is more good than bad.

It can be hard to see the good from the bad at times, i.e. when depressed but it all seems that more good exists than not.

Just my experience and opinion of course. Others may feel the opposite.

GreatestIam likes this.
  3. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I agree that there is a lot more good than evil and that is statistically irrefutable.

We are all getting quite good at doing good.

Regards
    DL

4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

This is why I'm always wary of Christians. There are some good ones out there who know that the bible is a guideline of fables and know that faith needs to adapt with the times. Other ones, well they're not real Christians. The ones who disown their gay kids, or are terrible people while judging everyone else.

GreatestIam likes this.
  5. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

It is always nice to see a moral person.

I just recently invited Okiefreak to discuss the moral tents of Christianity, and as usual, he did what Christians always do when I make that invitation. He ran away.

Regards
    DL

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    la Principessa likes this.
  6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But elsewhere you say you're a Christian. Which is it?

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Your obvious belligerance and unwillingess to address arguments convinces me that you're not worth talking to.

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I basically agree. There are plenty of Latter Day Pharisees out there posing as Christians. Jesus preached a message of peace. love and understanding for all people, especially society's rejects. Unfortunately, these aren't the values that come through in many of our fundamentalist churches. But there are folks who take the values seriously and try to live by them. They're the real Christians.

9. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Nowhere have I said I was a Christian. I would not shame myself by doing so.

Christians need a savior whereas Gnostic Christians do not. Our God is not so big of a loser that he would have to condemn the whole world.

Regards
    DL

10. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I was quite willing to address moral arguments and you ran away. Yes, I am as belligerent as any fundamental because I know I am correct and do not have to run away from my morals or moral sense as I do not have a genocidal son murdering God who I can somehow see as a good God.

Regards
    DL

11. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Yet most of those real Christians are idol worshiping a genocidal son murderer while calling that evil God good.

Regards
    DL

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Try post #17 of thread :"With ironic respect. Should we thank God that religionists are such hypocrites?" where you said:" Of course I follow a line of Christianity. That is why I am a Gnostic Christian." You have more trouble than Trump keeping your stories straight.

13. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

God did not murder Jesus! The Romans and Jews did, as following prophecy that it would happen. Jesus bloodshed of his perfect being was an exact Ransom of what was needed to redeem mankind from what was lost in the garden of Eden. Man is the problem on earth, not God. Man and woman chose from the beginning to rule themselves without any help from God, look at where it has gotten us. Humans do not have it in them to govern themselves and need God to guide them. Jeremiah 10:23

Okiefreak likes this.
  14. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Thanks for proving me correct.

Regards
    DL

15. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Learn how to extrapolate from what you read in scriptures.

Who put Jesus in harms way?

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Exactly why the Jews had the moral od the story of Eden as man's elevation.

That is also why Christians sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan.

These quotes tell you why God saw what man did in Eden as our graduating from school and not having to be baby sat by God, whom you might have notices, left and never returned.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

We are to test for ourselves and have no need of your genocidal son murderer that you have judged and somehow found to be good.

Explain your reasons for idol worshiping such a vile satanic God please.

Regards
    DL

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

GreatestIam "Nowhere have I said I was a Christian. I would not shame myself by doing so."
    GreatestIam post #17 of thread :"With ironic respect. Should we thank God that religionists are such hypocrites?" where you said:" Of course I follow a line of Christianity. That is why I am a Gnostic Christian."
    Seems more contradictory than correct, but nice try.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Most of those Christians are too diversified to generalize about. Catholics, Orthodox, mainline Christians and progressive Christians, which together make up about 90% of the Christian population worldwide, reject literalism. None believe in that genocidal son murderer. You're projecting your own bigoted interpretation onto theirs. Gnostics believed that Jesus was possessed for a time by the Logos but abandoned at the time of his crucifixion. What a cruel trick! What kinds of people could worship such a satanic god?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  18. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Satanic God...?? how can he oppose himself?

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I was using a phrase thrown around a lot by the OP on other threads: "genocidal satanic God", with reference to mainstream Judeo-Christian conceptions. I was simply pointing out that some Gnostics had a conception of the deity which was vulnerable to similar charges .