Why are people such cowards?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TheChaosFactor, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

hahaha, fuck you, jk.

one of my friends at school said tha. i just stared at him as he kept going on and on about having sex with her and stuff. i was ready to beat the shit out of him before i realized he was joking. but if he wasn't my friend, then i would have beat the shit out of the person...

btw, my sister is pretty hot...

2. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

"btw, my sister is pretty hot..."

I wouldn't know, the lights are always off when we do it.

*sorry, I had to*

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I woulda gone with,

Thats a red sox fan for ya.

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

see, my sister is one thing....but you fuck with the red sox, then thats just asking for an ass whooping.

5. TheChaosFactor

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I thank you for sharing your experience with me and respect that in that case walking away might of been a hit......reality if someone was looking for a rumble that badly a hit would of happened.....period.

I am sorry that you may of taken my remarks as a personal attack.....it was not meant to be. It was rather an observation on life and this topic from where I am and from the experiences I have had. That is why I stated that for me it was not a personal attack. I am sorry if it did appear as one.

I still maintain, by experience, that if you project, you get. So in the cases that you have shared I really ponder what the projected or perceived was by others as in most cases people do not walk about bashing others. Most people who mind their own business and do not look for shit, do not get shit. That is reality as most of us live without fists or battles.

So what is the vibe you project.

Mean no harm.....just trying to understand and to also make sense of such a sensless emotion against strangers that mean nothing in the grand plan of life to you. They are gone in a flash so what do they mean to you that is important enough to raise your hands over. There is no logic in this as far as actions or ramifications in your life in the long run other than a moment in time that you can justify using force.

7. TheChaosFactor

Again, I dont start fights. I'll admit that sometimes I start arguments, but I never mention "physical violence" during one. If somebody else says something like "Keep it up and I'm gonna hit you" I generally punch them immediately.

What do I project? Kindness and giving for the most part. I give strange people rides, I hardly ever walk past a donation w/o atleast dropping most of my change(all I can really afford), I do anything I can for close ones whether than can or would return the favor. I'm kind to everybody I meet. I even help people that piss me off and that I dislike. If I hate you and you need $3,4 etc for gas or lunch, I'll give it to you. I never expect anything in return for a good deed, and most of the time I try to stay positive. I try to be as polite as possible even to strangers. I thank everybody for everything no matter how small. I smile and wave at strangers. One specific example, my neighbor once knocked on my door and asked to borrow $5. I'd never met the lady and still loaned it to her. She never was able to repay me, but asked a second time for $5 and I gave it to her still. (She did return it each time after that)

I have anger issues and I work at it, but overall I think most people that know me will agree I dont put off an "angry" or "violent" vibe. But when I get mad, I get very mad :(

8. TheChaosFactor

btw, I do appreciate alternate POV's from people. Just not jeffrey as his pov usually comes with personal attacks on my life and character

9. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I know exactly where you are at, cuz I spent many years getting rid of my anger reaction. It was a life long process, and slowly I won the battle. I will still jump in to help out a victim, in a second, but the old pattern of anger building up til one day boom, is over long ago....I have raised my voice twice in the last year in anger. And even then it was not yelling, just louder than normal.

It is so much more peaceful now.

10. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

well, chaos..

you said your butterfly knife is just for protection.. yet when i met you, you played with it all the time. when i went to the bathroom, you were there playing with it. when i was sitting down watching tv...*gasp*- you were playing with it.

the truly fucking loved your buttterfly knife and had to go get another one when you were pulled over with pot and speeding in my state.

i wish they would have put you in jail.

what with.. you're fucking fantasies of killing people..which you've told me over two years and your personal forum.

you're fucking scary and you need help. so get it.

11. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

We are all complex and we all come from where we are and I thank you for the glimpse into the real person behind the screen name and type. I am blessed to know that you do follow a code in your life of trying to do for others as that is one that is good to live by and also will bring to you a peace that is a good place to live in.

As I stated it is a trying to understand as for me given that someone gets in my face , I would do a split second evaluation of what that means as far as importance in my life. If it was to protect those I love I would not hesitate but for most other things in life, it would not be through violence I would react. You threaten my children I would take you out without a moments qualm but if you just want to get in my face, I can distance in me the need in you to fight.....and take it as nothing important. To be honest I would also evaluate it based upon the given that it could be the end of what is for me as far as if I took a beating that left me without certain facilities would it be worth it to me to do it.

I have read through this thread and others what you have done for family and others and for that I commend you as there is not a greater gift than giving when you know you will not reap a reward for that.

I can respect and understand anger issues ......especially when they are trying to be dealt with or resolved by people as we are complex as stated and there is not one blue print for any person or persons.

Please do not view what I state as personal against you as I do not know you. I only can surmise from posts what you mean and that is why I ask as I am not sure that the whole picture of who you are as a person is totally portrayed by some of the posts that I read and I do not wish to base what "I" surmise on only that, without asking. That would not be fair as I would have not ample grounds for me to make a decision on that then.

If you can be so kind as you are and I do not doubt that you are and do that .......then how do you end up in the situation of being put in a life drama of having to fight......as the two parts do not seem to on the same page.

12. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I think you're confusing "walking away" with "turning your back," which of course is dangerous when you do it within anything close to arms' reach of your antagonist.

Do you mean to imply that backing down possesses the same danger? I disagree with that.

What I've been trying to get you to look at is, why is it that you seem to have incident upon incident to look upon in your memory, where this kind of thing has happened? I myself have very very few incidents of altercations that ended with violence, even if the violence was just punching or shoving. I'm not even sure when the last time I hit someone in anger was! I think it was in high school or college! There is a distinct difference between the way you are living your life, and the vast majority of average people who go months, years, decades at a time without ever being confronted by the kind of violent mentality that seems to follow you, judging by the tenor of your posts. By that I mean there seems to be an implication that you've dealt with this "guy walks up to me, talking shit, gonna throw down" scenario quite a bit. Why do you suspect that is?

That's the way you get arrested, isn't it.
    By being the one to throw the first punch. By not backing down. Look, the way the law sees it, you're under an obligation to back down from a potential violent confrontation unless you can't, and even if it makes you look like a coward. The law doesn't give a shit about cowardly appearance. It gives a shit about discretion and judgment. This applies all the more in a situation in which a person carries a defensive weapon, like a handgun. If I were to shoot someone over a parking spot, rather than cede him the stupid spot and drive off to find another one, I'm wrong.

Come on, are you really saying that you think there's no safe way to leave the arena of confrontation? That once words are exchanged, you're gonna have to fight?! Have you tried walking backward, glaring, and waiting til you're about 20 feet away before you turn, and then glancing backward every so often until you're, say, in your car and driving away?

-Jeffrey

13. BlackGuardXIII

whats the avg income in west palm beach, just out of curiosity?

14. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah
    *coughs* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

15. peacefuljeffrey

Are you sure you are using the right word? "Admire"??
    What is to admire about abusive people, about bullies?

Are they more admirable than any guy who just ate his lunch in peace and didn't seek to antagonize or "own" you??

I just don't understand your paradigm, man. The things you respect are so not the things I respect. In fact, I would go so far as to say that if you respect bully behavior, the things you respect are not even the things society as a whole respects.

You seem to respect "toughness" a lot. But how much need would there be for toughness if people just all, as a whole, stopped antagonizing others needlessly and just lived their lives to themselves, peacefully? The only need for toughness seems to be because some people choose to be assholes. All we really need to do is identify and eliminate the assholes, then, right?

-Jeffrey

16. interval_illusion

laugh all you want.. i think it's funny. but honestly, when it all comes down to it- it's all just words on a forum....

you dont KNOW him.

and you sure as hell dont know ME.

now piss off.

17. interval_illusion

but he does... that's what scared me about him...he always wanted to be "tough" and he was immature. i really dont care but you know..when you post shit on here, i can replie.

18. peacefuljeffrey

I don't know why you think I would know that. I have no idea.
    There are so many different parts of West Palm Beach, if you drive in any direction, you might be in a wealthy area for a few minutes and then suddenly in a shithole high-crime, high-drug, high-prostitution area. It is not a secret that the last three areas, at least around here, are black and hispanic for the most part. Is that, by the way, what you were trying to get me to say? Last month, in a certain area in West Palm Beach, there were 11 murders, and I'm pretty sure that all, or at least most, were black-on-black violence. Now, we aren't going to get into causes here but it makes me wonder, anyway. Why are the black areas hardest hit by this?

-Jeffrey

19. BlackGuardXIII

cuz of chronic systemic racist discrimination taking its toll over the generations.

20. interval_illusion

arrgh! im done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.