Why are people such cowards?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TheChaosFactor, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Not an issue with mixing up my gender. Happens often in print. :)

To be honest, I feel that you often get what you look for. In other words if you project being ready to scrap you are likely to find it. While it does pay to be confident in your ability to protect yourself with that should also come with balance in it is a protective measure rather than a case of might makes right.

There are times in life that the option is sometimes taken away with regards to choice in not getting in the middle of an altercation but there are many times that it can be avoided by just walking away....as was done by one party in this case. Perhaps they did evaluate it not only from a lose situation but from a point of saying it was not worth a fight over this.

Just my opinion...the one who walks shows more balls than the one who fights, if it can be avoided. Please note I said if it can be avoided as reality and life is that sometimes it can not be through no choice of your own. If you are handed a sucker punch I would expect your fists to come up as that is also human instinct.

You are right in the assumption of being in control......as if I am not in control of myself then any decision I make would not be controlled and made with balance of what is and what could be the outcome of anything I make a choice to do. I live in a world that I make my choices and do live with those.

It is not a matter of not having emotions, but it is for me a matter of how I will allow myself to deal with those emotions as I have to live with those things I do or say afterwards.

No issue with you on a personal basis at all....just my own personal opinion.

2. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Nope.
    I knew how to stand up for myself,
    and even stood up for friends who couldn't.

-Jeffrey

3. peacefuljeffrey

Around here, in today's paper, they ran a story about a black kid who was at a Wendy's when some moron took a $10 bet to loop a NOOSE around the black kid's neck! The moron was charged with assault, and has apologized. But the black kid was given a civic award for the restraint he showed by just walking away.

Maybe you could learn a lesson. Is it really necessary to descend to their level just because they're acting like juvenile violent high school sociopaths?

It's riiiight about what I was expecting, yeah.

-Jeffrey

4. peacefuljeffrey

Dude, you make me wonder, sometimes. You have the potential to come across as thoughtful, intelligent, and articulate --
    BUT
    --
    you post about this machismo attitude of inner-city thuggery and proving you're a man and fighting and shit, and it does a lot to diminish the air of intelligence you would otherwise be cultivating.

You asked me where I was when you were paying this and that for so-and-so, but I can't recall having seen any such posts. Did you even post about them? It really seems to me that all I ever see of you around here is in these "angry" threads about fighting. So I called you on trying to sound tough. Don't tell me that you weren't trying to sound tough -- you were. It wasn't stated explicitly, it was implied. But it was still there.

I'm just wondering which is gonna catch up with you first: the intelligence and insight you seem to be capable of, or the bullshit thug life you seem to value.

I really think you ought to take much more of what I say with a grain of salt. I don't truly relish people getting killed (although I don't mourn real hard for those who lose their lives to violence they indulged in as a lifestyle). I don't hope for your demise, and I don't even hope for some split between you and missf. (I don't really care one way or the other.)

You know what would be interesting? If this forum turned into a microcosm of the world and started the ball rolling by turning peaceful. Imagine if no one here talked shit to anyone else here. Would it be boring? I dunno. But we've never seen it be that way yet, so it's hard to predict if we'd still enjoy being here.

The thought crosses my mind every now and then to be nothing but kind and friendly.

Just like how you said sometimes your buttons get pushed and something makes you angry and it gets the better of you -- that's what happens to me when some people say certain things here. Your thread got me in that way.

-Jeffrey

5. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

people are cowards cuz they are so high on themselves, they think that their life is really important. They are just scared of what they don't understand, and for most people that is damn near everything.

6. Bug..Man

Bug..Man Banned

You are just plain-ass Wrong!!!!!!!!!

7. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

Something nice from jeffy poo? *falls over*

How often do I come on here and say, "Yeah this kid looked at me funny at the pool hall and I stuck his stupid ass" or "Yeah we were walking around and some kids laughed at us so we fucked them up". I'll restate one more time that when a fight is started with me I get too angry to turn it down, not to mention it is relaxing to hit somebody, but I do not start fights. Believe it or not, I'm generally the voice of reason for everybody else around me.

That was my point. I didn't post about them because I see no reason to take my good deeds and use them to boost peoples opinions of me. It makes them feel cheap and selfish. I don't care if everybody thinks I am an asshole, they just have an even bigger surprise coming when they need help and the guy that they thought was the biggest dick in the world is the one offering it to them first. My main point about that is, I don't post enough on the entirity of my life for you to make the judgement calls you do.

I was angry. Anger keeps me strong on the surface. It's one of the few things that "overrides" the anxiety. Inside, it tears me apart. Almost like there's 2 parts of "me" at that point and the angry one always wins. My complaint was never about them not fighting, it was about them talking shit and not backing it up. Is that much better of an arguement? No, but I feel if you say something you need to stand behind it. It's not like I walk around with my chest puffed out staring down everybody and running into them hoping they'll want to fight over it. I'm not who you think I am.

There's the shining difference between you and I Jeffrey. While you make claim to being the mature person who doesn't condone that behavior you sure condone it when it cleans up the streets whether you hope for it or not. I don't condone it ever. Every life lost is a wasted gift to me. Every homeless person, crack addict, thief and thug had something to teach. They had something to contribute, and their death takes that away. I'm not saying they would've ever made a positive choice past that point, but at one time they had as much to offer as anybody. I actually get sad when I think about these things because instead of trying to turn the world around people like you would rather sit back and do nothing waiting for them to die so you don't have to deal with them on your way to the corner store. You'd rather pass judgement on the thief than give him bread and ham so he doesnt' have to steal. You'd rather think of me as a low life for my pharmacy then offer information on places my mother could get aid. You'd rather 'yell' at me and be hateful than offer a positive alternative and try to find out what makes me this way. These things are why I refuse to take you with a grain of salt, sir. You have nothing constructive to offer. You attack me calling me a joke, a thug, making fun of me: "oohh why so you can flip it around before striking your 'tough pose'". The things you say aren't as vulgar as mine, but your attitude is just as immature, quite often. You dont want to help people Jeffrey you want to scorn them.

So then leave out the name calling and the assuming next time somebody says somethign you didn't agree with. Bring something to the table for once Jeffrey instead of sitting back all smug and bombing somebody with hatred and insults. Take the "wisdom" you say you have and try to offer it to somebody constructively. You might get along around here a lot better that way.

The same thought has crossed my mind, but the world would eat me alive. The difference is when my buttons get pushed it's from somebody directly affecting me. Somebody threatening me or a loved one, stealing from me etc. You read something that; A) you didn't have to and B)said nothing personal to you. There was no reason for some passing comment to get you so irrate that you go out of your way to verbally attack just about everything about me. You're a very rude, sad man Jeffrey. More often than not the wisdom that you do have to share is overtshadowed by the anger you demonstrate and the very personal, rude way you direct that anger at the person you are attempting to share with. Believe it or not I do see validity to some of the things you say but after I read about how I'm just another street punk that should die in crossfire and after you accuse me of being some "thug" shooter, I really don't give a fuck what advice you had to offer. I think you have more deeply seated issues than I do(in respect to this I mean. I know I'm fucking crazy)

Overall Jeffrey, I really think you're jealous. You see what I bring to the table as a whole and it intimidates and upsets you that I'm 20 yrs old with this kind of capability. You try to undermind and overshadow it by focussing, mainly, on my faults. When in reality, you're probably the only person here who really thinks of me as a bad person. You'll never understand who I am or where I come from, so please spare me the "know it all" judgements and insults next time. Thank you.

8. TheChaosFactor

One more thing. I am those things. I have the potential to be a real asshole though. You had it backwards :rolleyes:

9. BlackGuardXIII

I would much rather have you with me if I was surrounded by a group of assholes that were set on fighting. At least I know you won't run away or crumple into jelly. Sometimes assholes are just what the doctor ordered.

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Exactly... assholes keep the world a'turning.

11. BlackGuardXIII

Sometimes thoughtful and articulate just don't cut it.........

12. TheChaosFactor

I know you said this was nothing personal with me, but I'd like to share my reality and I'm sure the reality of some others with you.

I was at the mall a while back and two grown ass men got into a shouting contest. A black man and a white man. It's often been my opinion that white men aren't ready to fight when they're shit talking, and here's why that can turn out horrible:

After about ten minutes of being chest to chest and waving fingers they shoved each other, still no punch. The white guy said, "You know what, fuck you man" and started to walk off. What he didn't realize was that upon hearing "fuck you" the black guy had already started to throw a punch. He hit the white guy stiff in his neck. He did stop once he realized the white guy was "retreating" but that's not always the case.

Sometimes walking away can lead to a one man fight where the non agressor loses severely. When a man walks up to me 'talking shit' I assume he's going to hit me and generally hit w/o speaking. I didn't in that case because they were in a car so they weren't an immediate threat. The moment they would've gone to get out I would've just assumed where it was leading though and "opened fire"(with fists).

Most of the time, however, its scary and all around foolish to walk away, and to be honest I don't know which time I will be able to and which time I will be suckerpunched; consequently, I assume that every potential fight is a fight. Which is also why I generally don't talk shit first, because I never know when I'm dealing with somebody who thinks like me.

13. BlackGuardXIII

I never worry about shittalkers, since in my experience they have always been able to talk a much better fight than they can act out. I keep a much closer eye on the quiet ones. My dad used to work in corrections, and he told me that the loudmouths are nothing to worry about, but the quiet ones..........they are the ones to watch.

I have been suckerpunched a few times, and the last time I didn't fight, but talked the two guys into leaving, which they did. I was happy that I held my temper.

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I agree, usually if they're talking shit, they don't have any other leg to stand on, I just usually go on my way.

15. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

The guys I've always admired most are the ones who never talked shit and never seemed to get mad.
    Doesn't mean they wouldn't slap an asshole if they had to but even then they never looked more than mildly annoyed; like the other guy was a fly buzzing around his head that he finally had to swat.

16. BlackGuardXIII

Me too. I went to school with a guy who when he was 20 benched 395 pounds. He was the nicest guy, and would spend christmas at the food bank serving dinner to the homeless. He was quiet, respectful, supportive, and besides being a football coach, was a drug counsellor.
    Don't piss him off though, trust me.

17. TheChaosFactor

That's how I was all throughout middle and highschool and I got teased and beat up so much more. People would throw food at me during lunch and I'd just shake my head and push it aside or wipe it off and in doing so they knew they owned me. I admire those people as well, but I don't wish to be one any more. Not around here atleast.

18. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

the people who are quiet, often can hold there own. i'm pretty quiet. i stand up for myself and my family whenver i have to. there are times you can't be quiet though. when i get attacked, i won't walk away. i will not start a fight, but if someone wants to have a go with me, then theres gonna be a fight. and if i do walk away, i will not turn my back to the person until i am a safe distance away so that if the person wants to attack from behind, i will have enough time to turn around and defend myself. but normally, i don't walk away, even if i'm outnumbered. if my sister is brought into something, i will not walk away, you can say all you want about me, but once my sister is brought in, i'm not going away for a long time.

19. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Your sisters hot.

*hides behind blackguard*

20. TheChaosFactor

c'mon, he knows you don't like girls, try something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.