Why are my feetsies so cold?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Irminsul, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I seem to lose an enormous amount of heat through my feet and they just aren't cold they're freezing, I mean ice cold too. My hands can get a little cold but they warm up whereasmy feet if I'm not wearing thermal socks will just be icicles.

It's as if there's an imaginary line from my ankle that and below it is just the fimbul winter. I've heard in the past it could mean bad circulation, but it circulates so well throughout my body.. Just not my feet. :( even in summer I notice this, that I was wearing socks. And my feet tingle for yonders when in a hot bath. They're never painful they're just cold, freezing cold. And nobody wants to snuggle with me because my feet are cold. :(

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

isn't this also a symptom of low iron or some random thing like that? i don't know, i don't have the problem so i never really looked into it.

what the hell? i thought "my feet are cold, come snuggle with me" was supposed to be a famous move to get snuggles and more.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Omg I know right. But I'm getting the "don't put your feet on me!" instead lol. I'll look into this no iron thing, thank you. I was specifically not asking google because I always end up with brain cancer when I research ailments and health problems lol.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Methinks It's Because Your A "Cold Hearted Bitch".......Put Your Hand On Your Heart.......

Solid Block Of Ice Right...???...:smilecat::smilecat::smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

Edit:- What's Happened To My Font.....Iv'e Gone All Black And Thick...???

5. There is something very wrong with the second part of your edit note

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No, like I said, the rest of my body is fine. :)

rollingalong likes this.
  7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

my feet got cold just reading this damned thread....wth?

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

stand on your hands, the heat will rise up to your feet.

GLENGLEN and Irminsul like this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They're in a hot bath right now. I've been reading into hyperthyroidism which is odd because for the past 2 years I've also googled symptoms that relate to this. See this is why I don't google! It can never be.. No you're fine this is a natural cycle... There ways has to be scary things behind it.

Though this seems to be when I'm in a relaxed state. When I'm up and moving I don't feel cold feet and quite the opposite actually.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Happens to me everytime a US navy ship visits Sydney

rollingalong and GLENGLEN like this.
  11. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

I’m the same, except my hands are usually cold as well. I’ve tried to figure out the cause but so far no luck.
    It could be low thyroid but my tests read normal.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My hands do get cold too but I always seem to warm them back up. I've had tests too lately but probably they don't look for these things on back injuries.

I think I'll research reputable brands of supplement got iron support and eat more red meat instead of chicken and pork.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It could be this

I have the same problem with the cold feet, I sleep in thick fuzzy socks or else I'll freeze

Several years ago I was tested for hyperthyroidism for other reasons, not the feet thing but that makes sense..anyways I tested on the very high end of normal, basically borderline hyperthyroidism, where I was experiencing symptoms of it but not to the extent that I could be treated for it is basically what my doctor said. So makes sense the cold feet thing is a symptom

But I'm a web md hypochondriac so dont listen to me, I'll be telling you it could be cancer if we're not careful

Irminsul likes this.
  14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Did The Hot Bath Work..??..Sounds Like A Circulation Problem To Me......Since You Hurt Your Back

You Have Not Been As Active As You Were......When The Back Problem Is Sorted And You

Increase Your Activity The Problem May Just Go Away.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

wilsjane likes this.
  15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

When it gets this cold I have 'shrinkage'. Should I soak it in hot water?

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The bath did work for a while and they still aren't as cold as usual but they're still much different to the rest of my body. Maybe the raynaud syndrome. I'll try the iron first.

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

First the good news. you don't have brain cancer.
    Now for some diagnostics.
    Your cardio vascular network is somewhat like a central heating system where the radiator furthest from the pump does not heat up, but in this case it is oxygenated blood that is needed to produce heat in the living tissue of your feet.
    Since your feet are furthest from your heart, they are at the end of the line, so low blood pressure can be part of the cause. cholesterol build up in your descending aorta, femoral arteries and their associated capillaries can also slow the blood.
    You are now in something of a catch 22 situation, since as the blood cools flowing through colder areas, it thickens and slows down even more. Now with less oxygen, metabolism slows still further and even less heat is produced.
    Being overweight, smoking and lack of exercise are common causes of this condition. In very severe cases of morbidly obesity, the blood stops altogether, tissue starts to die and amputation above the knee is required, but unless you are over 30 stone, you are fairly safe.
    Many people suffer from this problem in a minor way (including myself), but if you are worried, a visit to your doctor is worthwhile. Iron tablets are sometimes prescribed, to increase level of hemoglobin which carries the oxygen but unless your red blood cells are low, they will do nothing except cause constipation which could even make matters worse. If your doctor is still worried, he may refer you to a cardiology consultant with a view to mild anticoagulants to help blood flow to your extremities.
    Now you will wish that you had looked it all up in Google, rather than have me depress you. LOL

GLENGLEN likes this.
  19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I had not read your post regarding lack of mobility following his back problems. I would now even suggest a check for any constriction to his descending aorta if any injury was involved. How about sending him one of your spare ape suits in the meantime. LOL

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Um.....Irm Is A Her.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.