Why Are Kids Sometimes So Cruel?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Jimbee68, May 22, 2022.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

True story. There was this girl in my grade school class, A. And the kids were merciless to her.

And she wasn't a bad person. In fact she had such a sweet and gentle personality. Her only crime was being a little different.

Finally after one notably horrible event in my seventh grade, she just left the school for good.

Why are children sometimes so cruel? They do things that they'd never do as adults. Is it just because they know they can get away with it? Or is there another reason? :)

wyldwynd and ~Zen~ like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... They are demons from hell.

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Often when children bully it is done in a group usually to a specific person. The group of bullies take on a pack mentality and think in large numbers they are safe and above reproach if they do it all together. While not considering the person who is being bullied. This is extremely difficult for children who have a not so good home environment and then go to school to be further bullied.
    Bullying also happens with adults.
    ——Always be kind

Jimbee68 likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people of any age, know only the scripts they've been most exposed to. this is why censorship that reduces the diversity of them, however well intended, has more often unintended, even reverse of intended, consiquences. yes there is also this otherness thing, which consideration, which is also morality, would not itself create. there are many cultural details which influence the perceptions of otherness. religious inflluence is often non-positive in this regard. not that this is intrinsic in a broader sense. it is good to be curious, and learning, has the potential to overcome this negative perspective on otherness. i see a lot of reinforcement of the problem in media from all corners of the spectrum. those that claim conservatism are often the worst of the lot, but i find far from innocence in this regard from other sides as well. and i think a lot of people don't think nearly enough about the kind of influence they create by their own example. and yes, its not just kids. we all influence each other unawares to ourselves of doing so.

wyldwynd and Jimbee68 like this.
  5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

In elementary school there was a girl with the last name of Danko. She was not pretty, father fat a red head and tall for her age. People were very mean... me being the other red head befriended her and then I also became a target.

Ever get called red on the head like the dick on a dog?

That's the kind of stuff I had to endure as a ginger myself.

Kids are rotten unless guided to a higher level of consciousness which comes at a later age usually.

wyldwynd likes this.
  6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No Zen matey, comes from parental upbringing !!! - if I misbehaved I'd get a 'leathering' at home !!!

wyldwynd and ~Zen~ like this.
  7. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Oh boy did I get it!

I was also a little devil myself.

wyldwynd likes this.
  8. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Unfortunately we are genetically still close relatives to the African chimpanzee, a notoriously violent species of ape. This sort of brutal behavior is hard-coded into our genes as one of the first responses to people and situations that may not be to our liking. Even many adults cannot develop their personalities into discarding these harmful, impulsive behaviors with their fully matured adult brains, let alone children with their thus far underdeveloped brains. So, unfortunately, we can expect to see more of this behavior that, I believe, is used to determine who's who in the pack hierarchy, and also to ensure that the kid resorting to violence gets his/hers way. Sure, you can try to beat this behavior out of the kids by means of a "leathering", by using fear and leveraging your superior adult strength. But even if successful with one generation, then you just have the next one following them to contend with. Because pre-programmed genetic behavior. Biology truly sucks.

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  9. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Red heads do get bullied for having beautiful red head ...my mom a blazing red head and my brother who is very artistic and niece/daughter who I raised who is also artistic ...all bullied for their red hair and freckles and all having amazing character today.

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The brains of arriving humans are pretty much blank slates until programmed by the previously arrived. Some times: Garbage in--garbage out. Or hopefully, other more accepted learned behavior-IE: empathy-- ability to respect other sentient beings and other requisite needs : environment ,for one. Exception: Genetically mal formed brains-(as recognized and now understood)--(born without conscience.)
    On the other hand, lotsa' kids just get their jollies fuckin' with those they perceive as weaker in some way. Make someone small to make ones self bigger. That behavior can really screw some kids up.
    I REALLY hate to see anyone have to put up with embarrassment caused by bullies and have been known to do something about that in my youth.

11. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

They get it from thier parents...... Stupid morons not liking how nice thier kids are make them mean also........