Why are "fantasy" books so popular with people of all ages?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Books' started by Ann-Akim, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Wonderdyke!

Wonderdyke! Member

If you're reffering to the thing about the Sandman Chronicles, Neil Gaiman said it in an interview at one of the "con"s, Dragon-Con I think.

2. BoomBoomBoom

BoomBoomBoom Member

hey wait.. i am confused.. was that message to me??? in what part? where I told you that I read that chapter? That was on The Fairy Godmother Academy's website.. other than that I am not exactly sure what you said i was referring to....

3. Stabby

Stabby Member

For me, escapism and vicarious reading. But the best fantasy books have real life metaphors and deal with important things like love, relationships, philosophy, etc, while being entertaining and having sweet battles and magic.

4. BoomBoomBoom

BoomBoomBoom Member

yes i will totally have to agree with you! escapism is like , the real definition of fantasy i would say. but you're saying the best one's are like people in real life with the magic then? I mentioned a book called http://www.fairygodmotheracademy.com and i would have to say after reading a chapter on the site you'd probably like that too.