Who's username would make the best band name?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fairlight, Jul 1, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

^Agree. But rocks could mean more than one thing.

2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I vote for MeatyMushroom D:

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

My vote goes to Piaf.

4. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

In fact, Brian, had I done this, it would not have been settling but rather an achievement, because I have almost no understanding of the rules of grammar. I do believe I know the differences between a verb and a noun, and I know what an adjective is, however it would have never occurred to me on my own to frame my explanation in such a way and, anyway that is probably the limit of my knowledge of grammar. But my writing style is derivative, lifted from the front, and the only reason that some people may suspect that I have a gift for writing prose and poesy is because I read so many different kinds of books so often.

I have my own beliefs about education and intelligence which are somewhat at odds with the unhappy consensus reached in the contemporary social sciences and pscyhometrics technical journals; I ultimately fall somewhere between the classicists and the revisionists (and so here agree with the consensus) in that I do presume intelligence to have a core central component ('g') or 'general' that is partially heritable and partially influenced, which may be subject to quantification, however I also ascribe to the theories of some of the radicals school (and so here go against it) which suggests that any individual humans aptitudes are determined by what are called 'multiple intelligences', which the classicists refer to as talents and so therefore any measure of one is no measure of all. In my case, my linguistic, musical, intrapersonal and interpersonal, and spatial 'intelligences' have each, over time, proven to be immensely powerful, the others (such as kinesthetic) apparently vary according to intent, and my logical / mathematical intelligence is seemingly deficient. I've 'visualized' God manifesting as a multiversal, multidimensional all-being and apprehended myself as such and yet can't compute basic arithmetic without either a few minutes to think it over counting on my hands or a calculator. I routinely figured out Bach's music by ear and intense practice without any music education whatsoever and only my determination and love of art to guide me, and yet can't grasp anything higher than basic geometry despite my immense respect and appreciation for math and science.

Measuring intelligence is elusive and dangerous and we are living with the results of intellectual social stratification in a fake society which values only productivity and near-sighted cultural cloistering so that the people who make the decisions which run our lives have little to know experience with the how the majority of us live them. Sorry to break out into a sociological footnote but I cannot over exaggerate the importance of realizing that intelligence comes in many different forms and that all are equally viable at the end of the day; the problem is that some are counterintuitive to the designs of a culture intent on producing nothing important for nobody special, a culture which has joyfully corrupted and destroyed art and manners and continues to wallow in a narcissistic mire which belongs to the foreground of a miserable and lonely old man's nightmare.

5. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Kinky Ramona - for sure!

6. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahucd8q-Yew"]Beck - Ramona - YouTube