Who's more evil?WalMart or McD's?

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by TerrapinRose, May 28, 2004.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think what matters is "who" is "more evil", but what we could be doing instead of supporting what is and what we can do to support what isn't with those dollar votes that really count.

it IS neither our wishes, however loudly we express them, NOR mysterious forces beyond our comprehension, which create the conditions we and other experience.

what we don't like, are even threatened by, isn't just there because some corporate or government decision maker got a wild hair up their ass, though that might happen too, but more often when it appears to, it is because, by our habbits and priorities, we, the collective we, the statistical averaged togather by the reality of the universe we live in we, have somehow created a market and incentive for them to do so.

and that being the case, it is up to us, to remove that incentive, which is usually more realistic and effective in the long run, then trying to create stronger disincentives by voicing our objections, however much we may at times need to remind each other that a majority or otherwise great many of us shaire them, if only so that each of us who do, need not feel like the lone ranger. but for actually affecting chainge, nothing is more real and immediate then real chainge in real incentives.

(i know of no one, who cannot lead happy and gratifying lives, without supporting either of them)

=^^=
    .../\...

2. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Companies can get big without having to ruin peoples lives, or exploiting the land, its when the companies start causing problems that people start withdrawing their support.
    Alex

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I personally am not anti Target.

4. glangy

glangy Guest

I think both are bad because Wal-Mart put the small companies out of business, besides the abused of their employees, but MacDonald have this awful food that just cause damage to your body, that’s way I think that both of them are really bad.

Glangy
    Outsourcing Consultancy Services

5. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

I'd say just before they start to spread across the planet like a cancer.

6. SpaceMopp

SpaceMopp Member

both. those places and others like them are so invoronmentally unfriendly and unhealthy to our bodies. makes me sad and frustrated.

7. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Dogies, he got bunchy in a hurry.

8. Lookit!

Lookit! Member

Wal Mart wastes so much stuff! You wouldn't even believe! They could open the back door and feed 20 hungry people a day at least with the "outdated" donuts and breads or opened jello packages which were damaged 5 minutes ago by a worker who cut the box too deep...etc... I used to set up food demonstrations there and saw so much food go to waste I could have cried. Especially since I could not afford milk and groceries at the time(and still can't.) People should raid the dumpsters daily if they are going hungry at all....but there is probably a lock on it.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It really isn't about which company is more evil. As long as it's clear that they're both very bad for the world.

10. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

Both companies are at the pinnacle of their industries, dry goods and fast food. Wal-Mart is blamed for destroying small town America's main streets, which they have. McDonalds is blamed for destroying America's scense of taste and waistlines, guilty on both counts. Home Depot is clearing out both hardware stores and lumber yards with the same business plan.
    If we have a mirror, we can see the real guilt lies with those who bought from them and built them to the powerhouse they are today.
    Buying the cheapest is not always the best option. Now if we could only tell that to the two hundred people that walked into the nearest Wal-Mart while I was writing this...

11. mitchness

mitchness Member

There is nothing wrong with the big mac .... Don't hate on my 30 minute "hurry up and get there and back" lunch feast.

12. turnipgranola

turnipgranola Member

I am curious as to how folks are feeling from the Black Friday tragedy where a worker was killed by an aggressive angry mob of bargain hunters...:sad:

13. Russ Thorn

Russ Thorn Member

I think the true evil here is who ever is planting ridiculous ideas like that in the mind of a 10 year old. If my kid were to be brainwashed like that I don't think I'd be bragging about it.