Who's more evil?WalMart or McD's?

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by TerrapinRose, May 28, 2004.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

They don't make as much money as Micro$oft, do they?

2. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

So the more money you make the more evil you become ... Bill gates does more for good causes than all of us in this thread put together (probably :rolleyes: ).

3. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

People on the lower end of the economic ladder tend to give more per capita to charity, than those on the upper. Gates I would say is an anomaly. Basically sucking out american wealth and spreading it all over the world, god bless him.

People are planning a massive boycott of walmart now-

http://ideamouth.com/politics/walmartflyer.pdf

4. kidswillbeskeletons

kidswillbeskeletons Member

you are right, Adults are free to choose what they will eat. But children on the other hand, are not. The parents choose for them. A parent shouldn't start making connections for their children connections of "fun" with food from mcdonald's. That is dangerous. I see people all the time making those connection. That is just one reason why there is an obesity "epidemic". We must understand the psychological manipulation behind this and not let our children become sucked in. We must teach our children well, and not become HYPOCRITES. And like you said, If you hate wal-mart don't patronize it. Don't be a hypocrite.

5. Bilby

I am not a fan of McDods snack bars but this I find an intriguing comment.Could you give an example?

6. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

I vote for McDonalds

Any organisation that can promote a dorky looking clown with evil eyes as its mascot just has to be dodgy. I'm sure kids get scary nightmares about the McDonalds clown chasing them.

McDonalds is an unhealthy, unemotional and institutional monolith. It has been around so long peddling junk food that it has almost become accepted by society. However, it is that very acceptance which now threatens its future.

McDonalds will struggle to change its image and its food lines but the likes of Subway and others are now set to challenge it head on. As peoples attitudes change and our eathing habits become healthier ( we hope ) then McDonalds which is already a company in retreat, will see its organisation start to wither and die.

I also vote McDonalds because of its support to IRA terrorists, its poxy stupid looking letter M and its attitude to staff who due to being on slave wages always fuck up the order. Yes I know, I've used them too. Havn't we all?

Y'all have a nice day now

:)

7. Bilby

Cobalt Blue, tell me more about supporting IRA terrorists.

8. maillewelder

maillewelder Member

My vote goes to Wal-Mart all the way. If you don't agree, just wait 'til they're the only retail joint left in town, then we'll see how you feel.

http://boycottwalmart.meetup.com

9. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

I went into Mc Dees and said to the guy " can I have fries with that ?"
    To which he answered " sure ! would you like fri......? " He then looked real confused and had to call the supervisor ??????? I laughed so hard I almost had a heart attack ,,, so I vote..... I'm not lovin it ?

[​IMG]

10. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

They are both evil, YUK!

11. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Wal*Fart

12. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

I naturally avoid both. I'm sure a lot of people do.

13. smitty5ca

smitty5ca Member

The thing I hate most about Wal Mart is, is how I feel like such a sheep going in there like everybody else. God I hate Wal Mart!!! Pretty soon there won't be a choice but to shop at Wal Mart, I hope everybody wakes up and stops shopping there.

14. evansmj90

evansmj90 Member

How can you rank a-hole corporations like wal-mart and McDonalds they both suk in there own way but i rekkon maccas is worse cus it is a more global company

15. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Its old news. All we can really do is complain about how evil and wrong their morals and standards are. The success the companies have earned is due to having very smart people doing the math. And sure Mom and pappa stores are more friendly and down to earth, but for the utilitarians Walmart and mcD's are a 6th sence.

We should really be blaming technology.

16. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Clinton and company made Walmart what it is today, along with Tyson chicken. Bush well he's looked after his petrolem/energy and war machine friends, along with Rumsfield and his pharmacutical company and their Bird Flu vaccine, as written into the SPP...I am thinking friends of those in power are all set to profit from all us running hysterically screaming "global warming". Who's selling all those new light bulbs and green products? Not me or anyone in my local community.

Our pets were poisoned by expensive food that we purchased, our children are being sold toys laced with lead...we wonder why there is a rise in autism and a lowering in our math and science scores of our children...but it's nothing to be alarmed about. But a one or two degree increase in ambient temperature over centuries is supposed to be enough for us to freak out...get a clue people you are being manipulated.

17. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Be careful of those that seek to sell you health reforms. Who's actually benefitting...usually the insurance companies. Hillary and many others would like to guarrantee them a market.

Weren't we told HMOs were the answer? Did they answer you health needs? Ask a few seniors how successful all the part D crap that was passed last year was.

18. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

I like the prices at chain stores like Walmart and Target. That is why I shop there. The quality of the merchandice is usually poor though. Mc. Donald's is just bad for you and it's not cheap considering what it does to your arteries and health in general. I would like to see more mom and pop stores with good service than chain stores that don't care about the customer and sell you crap. I want to see more merchandice made in America and Europe. Japanese do the electronic and car thing very well. I wish American people could compete better for my own standard of living. The American dollar is losing it's value. We need a stronger dollar. We need to streamline our economy.

19. Jedite83

Jedite83 Van Dweller

Walmart *is* evil

20. CSP101

CSP101 Member

Walmart has killed quite a few businesses in my area causing many to lose decent jobs and many to be forced into shopping in that hell hole. I still avoid it.