whore-like spaghetti

Discussion in 'Pasta' started by jagerhans, Mar 11, 2007.

1. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

a slight variation on scarlettcasingroses' Puttanesca recipe. I cooked this last evening for my friends so that's it

thats an italian classic. original name : "spaghetti alla puttanesca" (whore's spaghetti) dont ask me the origin of the name.

recipe for 4 friends :)

what you need:

- guess ? spaghetti ( 400 g) or penne
    - two cloves of garlic
    - fresh "pachino" tomatoes, boiled and peeled,
    or
    - canned peeled tomatoes, 250 g (with its liquid it is about 400 g)

- half a glass of good olive oil
    - 20 g of butter
    - two or three salted anchovies
    - black olives 150 g.
    - capers 30 g
    - 1 chili pepper
    - black pepper
    - salt
    - parsley
    - optionally dried, seasoned pecorino cheese. the sicilian one with pepper grains is the best.

In a small clay pot put the oil and butter and let the butter melt. when hot, add the anchovies, clean and finely minced , and the garlic cloves split in two. allow them to fry a couple of minutes, squahing the anchovies in the hot oil with a fork.
    flush the capers in water, squeeze, mince and add them, along with the olives, with no cores and cut in pieces. save a few olives for embellishment. add the tomatoes, cut in pieces, and some salt. stir & mix this sauce with your old wood spoon. check the salt. near the end of its cooking time, add the chili pepper in pieces. While doing this (the sauce must cook about 20 minutes and lose a lot of water) , boil the water for the spaghetti , I mean plenty of salted water in a tall pot. when it boils add the spaghetti and cook them for the time needed. when ready, drain the pasta and put it in a large bowl. Add the hot sauce and mangle ! finish adding the whole olives (no cores, please) some black pepper and the minced parsley.
    grate some cheese on it if you like.
    red wine, home bread and some pecorino cheese will accompany beautifully this dish
    .[​IMG]

try and tell me :p

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I just had to check out the recipe that uses the word 'whore' in the title ;) looks tasty!

3. jagerhans

Ja. tasty and easy. But there is more than italian cooking around the world... try my version of curry rice
    bon appétit !

4. babig0tback

babig0tback Member

Whore pasta.. thats an interesting name... anyway it sounds good...

5. chuckf2000

chuckf2000 Member

There's more than italian cooking? No!?!?!

Your recipe looks good. I'll have to try it. I'm not sure about where to get a clay cooking vessel though (here in the states)...hhmmmm

6. Cavale

Cavale Member

What does "half a glass of olive oil" mean? This sounds so yummy but I don't want to end up accidentally drenching it in olive oil.

7. jagerhans

half a glass (i mean a human, european glass about 1/5 of liter or less, not one enormous beer/coke glass) for four people is not that much but you may also try to reduce the amount of fat if you please. at the end you decide how much dressing you want to put into each dish so never mind.

8. harpua9000

harpua9000 Member

The term "putanesca" translates to "the whore's pantry". The Italians have a penchant for making great meals from whatever's laying around.

9. arachne88

arachne88 Guest

one of my favorite dishes to make, except I use just fresh tomatoes and usually leave out the capers (they're just not something I tend to have in my pantry, lol).

mmm delicious whore pasta.

10. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

We get pasta from Ralphs and cook it in a pink pan on my coleman campstove. I then add vegetables. I don't like meat. I think it is terrible that man and woman on this earth kill animals. I am vegan