Whole30 Challenge

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

my mom said when i was a baby formula was marketed so effectively that almost everyone believed it to be better than breast milk

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

lol

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

They were the regular white ones. I have to be in the right mood for sweet potatoes. What's the difference though in regards to this diet?

And I'm watching it too. Finally a good game, it's been an entire day of shit shows.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I agree. That's what happens when corporations are allowed to control everything.

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Yeah, I'm definitely not trying to convince anyone to do it. Everyone should find what works for them. As far as weight loss, I dropped 14lbs last time I did this. That's not the primary reason behind it though.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

And then they can invent special programs to make money. Where it is revolutionary to eat actual food. Then they sell you their actual food cookbooks and promise you will feel better. Duh. They invent their own problems, and market the solutions to their problems. Nice business model.

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Lol @ bitch mother. My mom was a hippy, breast fed and used cloth diapers and all that shit.

So I can't blame my fuck ups on that. I blame the gov't.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I blame my fuck ups on myself. Because they are MY fuck ups.

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

10. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Corn and soy are the two biggest cash crops in the U.S. agriculture market. It stands to reason that they will be found in many food products in the U.S.

The type of land in a particular part of the world and what grows best on it shape the food culture in a region. For someone who has grown up in the U.S., it may not even be apparent as to why corn and soy are so prevalent. People are born into the system and sometimes simply assume it to be natural and healthy. When immersed in a particular culture, it's easy to not question why things are the way they are.

11. Pressed_Rat

See. This is my life being ruined...

[​IMG]

12. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

it depends. don't listen to the r-tards who say to avoid them

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Right. Except they genetically modify the corn and soy so heavily that it could grow out of a cinder block. Nevermind the quality of the soil. In fact, so that you could probably harvest a freakin' football field of corn or soy out of the space the size of a cinderblock.

You aren't even eating corn and soy anymore, you are eating some ambiguous "frankenfood." And this crap it is literally and figuratively fed to the masses.

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Not to mention that corn was never a particularly healthy food for humans, even before it became what it is today. Never mind that it is fed to cows and other animals that aren't supposed to be eating it.

15. Pressed_Rat

White potatoes have little nutritional value and are loaded with starch, which is then converted by the body into sugar. Potatoes, in my opinion (and many other's opinion), are considered to be an example of a BAD carb. I avoid potatoes much like I avoid white rice and white bread.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

not to mention all that corn isn't actually sold as corn, the vegetable. It is processed into high fructose corn syrup and found in almost every processed food product in existence.

17. deviate

deviate Senior Member

The crazy thing is that even if the ingredients don't say corn or soy, they use corn and soy as a component of certain ingredients.

It's almost like any food that comes packaged from the store is now some fucked up genetically modified food.

18. Pressed_Rat

Yup to the above two posts.

19. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

This is meant to be a nutritional reset. Like in general, I'm a very healthy eater, but I do fall back into bad habits here and there. Doing this a couple times a year gets me back on track, and keeps me in check. It works for me, but that doesn't mean I think it's for everyone.

Yeah, the Bears are slipping though. The first quarter and part of the second were pretty badass.

20. roamy

roamy Senior Member

what makes sense about it ?