Whoa...

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by Feawen, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Feawen

Feawen Member

I've just been reading things on wicca.com. It was talking about shadows and things, and one line just reminded me of something.

I don't think I'm quite up to astral projection, and though I'm trying I don't want to seem like I'm jumping the gun or acting big. But once while meditating, possibly leading to an attempt to project, red eyes appeared, and glared at me for a few seconds while coming closer, and vanished. I stopped after that that time, it felt really creepy. In hindsight, I don't think I've been as applied to the meditation since... Or at least, acheiving as much as I felt before...

"Until then, Merry Part. And don't link your life force to anything with glowing red eyes and a black aura."

What do you think?

2. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

I've not yet run into this particular issue, but generally speaking, if you are approached by a being whose presence seems suspicious or makes you uncomfortable, you can simply ask if they are "of the Light" (or some other variation), and a "good" character will reassure you right away that they mean you no harm, and a less friendly one will simply leave, catching your lack of interest in them, or leave without hesitation once you ask them to do so. The most important thing is to understand that you alone control who you see, and what you choose not to associate yourself with.

3. velvet

velvet Banned

I'm wondering if "you alone control who you see" doesn't that mean that what you see is purely a figment of your imagination? If it IS a bad spirit and it sees you frightfully ask "are you good?", why would it leave so easily? Why wouldn't it lie and pretend to be good or why wouldn't it be attracted to your fear?

In my boyfriends culture (Surinam, south america) they say that when you think you see a ghost (like at night in a field) you should scare it away by yelling at it, making yourself heard and 'overpower' it. You shouldn't look scared or try to communicate with it because it will take advantage of that.

Just a thought.. probably different in every culture. I think the best advice is to follow your gut-instinct and don't let the fear get to you.

4. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

errm...i dunno, hehe. I guess because the astral plane isn't governed by our normal concepts of logic; i mean, if you really think about it, everything is just electrons (or whatever term for the break-down of energy/matter you prefer) and brain impulses, even the ground beneath your feet...so sure, why wouldn't it work? Hehe. I like to at least think my travels are lucid, and if it's only a false sense of security, so be it--at least i don't know the difference...yet :p

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I think that astral projection is so cool, even though I haven't yet tried it... but I want to soon...

6. velvet

velvet Banned

I wonder.. if two people learn how to astral project.. could you meet eachother somewhere? That would be sooo much cheaper than having to fly over there by plain :D

hehe.. but serious.. I mean.. if you can really astral project.. the place where you project to, would it be noticable to others (maybe mediums or god knows who/what lingers at those places...)..

Maybe worth another thread?