whoa.... Anne Rice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Books' started by cerridwen, May 21, 2004.

1. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I do like her books, but it takes a lot of patience from me to actually finish them coz some of them are so slow especially in the beginning... And I'm not a very patient person.

2. Purple_Rhapsody

Purple_Rhapsody Member

Oh yes, I agree, under her pen name A. N. Roqueleaur ( check spelling). I've only read the first one but I absolutely adored the kinkyness and sensualness in it! Really a great read when you aren't getting any. Especially if you are into BDSM!

Also, I posted another thread relating to this, but since we are mentioning Anne Rice! I also want to say I love Poppy z. Brite, I was in New Orleans only 2 weeks ago and was lucky enough to run into her on the street! How exciting was that to meet my favorite author!

I haven't read much by Anne Rice but I would love to start. She has excelent reviews. Maybe I'll pick up one of her books one of these days!

3. puppet

puppet Member

Yeah,I've read the whole series,and loved every one of them.I love the way she interweaves all the books and creates a reality of her own.Good reading :)

4. BlackHoodedCrow

BlackHoodedCrow Member

MERRICK by far my favorite
    It has Witches, Voodoo & Vampires!!!!!!!
    OHHH MYYYYY!!!

December

5. m6m

m6m Member

Unfortunately for Ms. Rice, no matter what she writes about vampires, it could never be more than what one would already expect from a vampire.

In other words, what could be more boring than vampires; characters who are so universally predictable and trapped in their comical desires and needs.

But they do work better than sleeping pills.

6. m6m

m6m Member

Vampires will, however, always intrigue Civilized Man, because Vampires are Mytho-Poetic symbols of Civilized Man himself.

A Man caught in an eternal struggle for eternal life.
    Like Vampires, Civilized Man is a Zombie to his own 'Death-Fear'.
    Like Vampires, Civilized Man is a death motivated sexual predator; struggling within a self made 'Primate Sexual Hierarchy' that we call Hierarchical Civilization.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any authors who know how to connect the dots.

7. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Heh, I was at camp (this lil christian camp, I'm not christian but I go there cause I have friends that go there who I never see) and they wouldn't let me read Memnoch because .... hell, I dunno why, stupid brainwashed cult-freaks. :p sucked cause there was NOTHING to do during the heat of midday (too hot for anything outside) and they wouldn't let us have CD players, even though the counselours usually had boomboxes.... and if you brought CD's they wouldn't play them unless it was christian music! rrr, evil fools. :p

8. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

ew...that sucks...

I hope you eventually got to/get to read it...