Who wants to be my friend for a day?

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by WayfaringStranger, May 14, 2004.

1. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

well its looking like im either losing or quiting my job soon, and am going to move back into my back pack and wander around the country this summer/fall. not really sure where im headed, or where i'll end up. just tryin to see if anyone wants to spend a day with me if i happen to end up in your neck of the woods. we could go hiking or camping, share some beers, go to a show, or just hang out and chat for a day or two, then youcan drop me off on the freeway somewhere. so if you want to have a new friend for a day or so, let me know, and ill contact you when im near your town.
    peace and nugs
    WayfaringStranger:p

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

If you're ever in Tennessee, let me know. I'm your huckleberry... ;)

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

If you end up in bc, you'll have to come over and jam with my partner. are you bringing any of the instruments in your sig pic with?

4. WayfaringStranger

probably the banjolin . . .

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i dont think i've ever seen a banjolin before. does it sound more like a banjo or a mandolin?

6. sonik

sonik Member

Your more than welcome to crash at my place for a bit if you end up near ann arbor - detroit area.

We could jam!

I could probably pick you up and drop you off anywhere within an hour of where I live, so long as your promiss not to shank me.

:cool:

7. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I going to Plymouth,NH next week for about 3 months but if ya need a friend to hang out with after that then maybe we can meet somewhere...anywhere the greyhound bus can take me. Actually I wouldn't mind hanging out or just
    camping out awhile in TN,PA,GA,SC,NM

8. HappyHaHaGirl

If you stay with me, will you take me with you when you go? I need to be rescued... :)

9. WayfaringStranger

both
    cool
    ok
    yes!!!!!!!!!!

lookin like im leavin a bit earlier than expected, just got fired today for being late all week and calling off some days. today i was gonna explain the great amount of stress i wa under due to some new news, but she fired me first. oh well. i think im leavin as soon as my bonnaroo tic comes.

10. sonik

sonik Member

so do you have any kind of vague outline of a travel plan?

11. WayfaringStranger

nope, goin to the roo, might chill up in canada fer a minute . . .maybe see some festivals, hopefully find some cute girl with a van or a house. . .might even hop on tour fer a minute, who knows.

12. sonik

sonik Member

hahah sounds like good times man

myself Im a bit tied down at the moment

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yep, sounds liek you're in for an adventure.

happy trails!!

:)

14. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I'm totally on the same page as hannah. I'm graduating high school this year... I've already been going to college for two years, and I'm in dire need of a change. I met a guy a few months ago who lived out of his van but also had a sail boat; so he just traveled wherever he pleased. We got along so well and the lifestyle seemed so perfect for me. Anyway... I don't play any instruments and I don't drink beer, but I think I could offer a good time.

15. HappyHaHaGirl

We could be road sisters! Yaaay! I can make good Ramen soup... :)

16. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Ramen rocks... as long as it isn't actually the "Top Ramen" brand. I can make anything you'd ever want, except deserts. I don't bake. Two days ago, I made paninis with roasted italian chicken, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, caremalized onions and provalone... I'm still craving another one.

Anyway... lets get the hell out of here.

17. sonik

sonik Member

18. WayfaringStranger

yay! friends!! i used to live out of VW busses, but i sold them all for some reason, now im gonna be livin outa backpack again. simple is good.

19. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i just saw one of those today......and thought of you....

20. WayfaringStranger

aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww . . . lier.
    actually after i got fired today, i got new strings and tore down my banjolin and rebuilt it, and did some more artwork on the head, it looks nice and clean now, and sounds good. i think she's ready to feed me again.