Who Votes?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by nirmalamaya, May 21, 2007.

1. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I guess I really should wise up and start picking the lesser of the two dumbasses every election. Just kidding I'll stay dumbass free.

2. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I get HEATED during town election time. Even though I don't really live in my home town anymore, I use to film school committee meetings, town meetings and the occational retirement party for town selectman, so I know first hand how fucking scummy they are. Presidential voting in Massachusetts is a bit pointless though seeing as we've voted overwhelmingly democratic for the longest time. Regardless, I'm still going to vote. Probs for Hill Clinton, just so Bill can be the FIRST first man. And she likes the gays, seeing as she is one! ;)

3. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Im pretty sure im gonna vote Kucinich. If Barak Obama gets the Democratic nom then ill vote Dem though.

4. Bud_Man

Bud_Man Member

Ron paul =)

5. GrapeKrush

GrapeKrush Member

no i dont vote
    but i would totally vote for the marijuna party... or maybe ndp

6. Jimi_Lives

Jimi_Lives Member

I'm not old enough to vote yet, but I will be by the time the '08 election comes along. I plan to vote the same way many people here are doing: I'll support Kucinich, but if Obama wins the nomination (which is more probable), I'm voting for him. I don't know if I could ever vote for Clinton. There's just too much that I don't agree with with her, and she's too much of a slimy politician.

7. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

My view on voting is that if youre going to complain at ALL about the government/regimes in our country, then you have no excuse not to vote: even if youre someone who believes its just "picking the lesser evil", it doest matter: if you'd rather just give up your rights for voting, and say fuck it, then fine. But is that what you want? Would you rather just not have ANY potential say and just go back to a blood-line system? We'll have Bush until he's too old and tehn we'll get one of his lovely daughters next. Sound good?

What Im saying is, if you want NO say at all, and woudl rahte rjust have a fascist government, then fine say it. But I think the time it takes to vote and the simplicity of it gives no excuse not to simply just go do it. Flex your rights!

That being said, Ill be able to vote for hte first time in the 2008 election...Ive been away in Germany for a year, so I havent been really up to date on American news, but in another way its made it interesting getting the information from being in another country, and the different things you hear....

at this point, Obama seems pretty fucking cool.

8. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

obama for the win. fuck clinton she's too secular progressive for me

9. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Dylan, while I respect the opinions and viewpoints of others, why should your opinion step on the opinions, or Rights, of other people? Look, I may not vote for my own personal reasons, but in the same sense that one could claim that I have no right to complain, aka Free Speech, one could also have the right to be entitled to the opinion that they can express their opinion, wether or not they take part in the voting process.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you feel that someone who does not vote is not worth listening to, or that they have no right to voice their perspective, then I feel sorry for you man. I know your a smart kid, but with a restrictive stance on the matter such as this you are closing your mind to some very smart people.

10. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

wait...why does everyone like Obama?

11. mortes

mortes Senior Member

he's black and wears blue. That's all most people need.

12. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

im too young to vote. but its generally always between a douche and a turd sandwich. fuck it- id vote if i knew the opposition would do something majorly lame, and then i would egg her campaigns around town

13. natural philosophy

because obama is a pro

14. slinkie

slinkie Member

I vote to try and make a difference as a citizen.

I have absolutely no idea who I am voting for next year. I don't know enough about all the candidates yet...to say for certain who will get my vote. We shall see. bum bum bum. lol

15. twistedmisfit

twistedmisfit Member

Yes I vote. If you dont vote you cant bitch about how the country is being ran.

16. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Votin' is fur richers...

17. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

I'm voting for Richard Nixon... Ive heard good things. :jester:

18. natural philosophy

^im goin for nader again

19. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

20. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

dont bust on guys cuz they dont vote thats why people bust on others who smoke weed and if your in a marijuana forum i sugest you dont badmoulth other people for doing it
    and just the same people have the right to vote they also have the right not to vote
    dont bust on people who do the same stuff as you and dont feul the fire of pot hatred