Who pays

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by RetroGroove_Grrl, Dec 31, 2004.

1. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Whats your personal agenda when it comes to chivalry and relations between men and women

For example, do you believe that its right to split costs on a date, or should the woman pay, or the man?

Its just last night (New Years) I went out , and I was talking to this guy, I said "What are you drinking" and he said 'oh just pale' and I said "okay" he then said "What? Don't tell me your buying me a drink" to which I replied "Why the hell not?"

I thought that was okay, but it it not the done thing for a chick to buy a guy a drink?

2. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

Well it all depends if I'm getting a Bj at the end of the night

3. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

well I think that it's perfectly normal for a female to buy a male a drink or to pay for the dinner or whatever. I know that there are some men that are intmidated by women who are "liberal", straight forward. I am "liberal" or very forward I mean I was on a date with one of my boyfriends and at the end of the meal i paid for the meal and all my boyfriend was so embarassed and upset. I just looked at him and laughed. He eventually got over it.

4. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I think it's okay for girls to pay on dates and stuff...I do sometimes.

5. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

she can pay .......but i am still not putting out

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i think its fine as long as the guy pitches in on other dates or outings and what not. i've had dinner paid for by a female and i wasn't embarassed, i was happy that i didn't have to pay. but then i know i paid for other things in that relationship...it goes both ways...i'm not going to insist on her paying, but if she wants to pay, i'll let her...

7. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

sure you won't...

8. Mui

Mui Senior Member

the girl must always pay for everything... she is lucky to even be touching a thang like me.

9. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

You don't get many second dates do you? :p

10. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

yeah ......thats the attitude that bitch should be happy

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i get many second dates... god damn right... bitch is lucky to be in aquantance with me, let alone be allowed to get naked w/ me.

12. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Either way is good.... I could pay, or she could, or we both could... It all works fine for me... :D

13. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

well, I'm a lil more traditional... I still feel like the guy should pay most of the time (it's fine to split dates/costs as well, just give a gal forewarning! One guy told me while we were in line to get tickets if we could go dutch, I had to scrape out pennies to pay, and he went and bought himself popcorn and pop afterwards! Yeesh!). But buying a guy a drink should be no big deal. Hell, it should make the guy happy I figure, because the girl isn't expecting him to pay for every little thing in whatever relationship may follow!

14. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

for me personally, i can pay for myself..
    i always offer to pay or pay for myself

15. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I'd prefer the woman paying I don't know why some guys don't like free shit

16. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

^^^^ditto

Its probably just the cheap ass coming out in me, but I like it when a girl pays.

hosnestly, I think the dating costs should be spread pretty equal. in college, we're both broke, so why should I have to foot the bill. In past relationships, we'd usually alternate dates or one person would get dinner and the other the play.

I don't think things should be tit for tat, but they should be somewhat equal.

Peace

17. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

I think splitting the cost is fair.
    I don't mean like bringing a calculator to dinner and finding out the exact amount you've spent, but paying for every other time you're at the dinner or movies or whatever i think is fair.

18. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

My boyfriend and I do the same job in the summer. In the fall and winter when we travel we eat at the same places and split the cost of everything. Works just great.

19. UnspokenThings

UnspokenThings Member

what does this have to do with love and sex?

i usually like paying for things coz its easier.

20. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

I don't expect to be on the receiving end but when I am, it's pleasant surprize.