Who loves pitbulls

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by hillbillyhippy, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

We have a lot of pit owners here. They're fantastic dogs when they're raised correctly. Just like an other breed.

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

They are a very insecure breed and they need special attention that they are socialized to lots of different people and other animals as puppies. They are very protective and unless they are raised right, it only takes a mis-cue to set them off if they think something is threatening their owner or family.

Properly raised, they can be fine dogs.

3. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Not a fan. I find them really ugly, too. My best friend's 10 year old niece got really badly attacked by a pitbull last week. So sad. :(

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

This can be said about a large number of breeds.

But because pits can inflict more damage than most breeds, and the high number of bad pit owners, I can understand how some people can be afraid of them.

5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

That's horrible :(

6. Norcal

Norcal Member

Pit's are one of my favorite breeds also, although I prefer owning Dogo Argentinos.

7. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

I love pitbulls and other bully breeds. I find them so adorably cute with their fat heads. XD

I actually have a pit mix and he is a SWEETHEART. I mean he will protect me if need be but other than that he try to get your attention to pet him because that is all he really wants is being loved by everyone. He is also great with my cat. Yeah I mean it, my cat loves him and will cuddle up with him and even groom him.

I understand some people can think this breed is dangerous as the media portrays them this way and they are way over bred. As with any breed and I mean any breed like the golden retriever or labrador. Any dog from the 'bully' breed can make WONDERFUL dogs if given the correct love, attention and training. Although I do agree people who have little to no experience handling dogs probably shouldn't get a bully breed as they can be extremely strong.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

A quick search of this forum found 98 threads with references to pit bulls.
    We have gone over and over this territory.
    This one is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.