Who likes being addicted?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Codmouse, Jul 11, 2009.

1. DeadHead723

DeadHead723 Senior Member

omg dude give it up

unreal. grow up..

2. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Things like starting to use heroin when you live in the ghetto and don't have a job are obviously extremely dumb. I would not even take the chance there. But you are right, my dad lives in Montana. He has always had a job though and won custody of my and my brother. Hes current job is working as the radio administrator for the sheriffs dpt. in Montana. No college (for his job topic) and still makes 60k. Perfect example.

But you are wrong about me, I am in Iraq right now. Haven't been in Montana for a few years.

3. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Me grow up? Dood, you lost that argument hard core. STFU.

4. baloon

baloon Member

Im only addicted to smoking, it takes away a lot of free time, money, and health, I hate runnin out, I cant quit either.... its a vicious cycle. I was addicted to coke many months back, still wanna do it ocasionally but its best to stay away from it... I was never addicted to methamphetamines, and I used to do a lot of them at some point of time, never addicted to pot or shrooms.... which is weird, because if I could choose, I would rather be addicted to pot then cigarettes, I would rather do shrooms than coke.... which proves my point that dependence can be caused by that outside influence to an extent. as to willpower, I completely agree that its easy to break with long term use. Long term as to doin it to the point where you do get hooked, not just experimenting and fooling around.

5. DeadHead723

WHAT!?!?! do u have that big of a head?? im done here.

6. baloon

baloon Member

oh sorry I only read the first page then.... I think cigarettes are really more addictive than heroin, and thats because theyre legal... to support this, just the mere fact that you have to get heroin illegally is a big turnoff, and its only available in the big cities. That leads you to conclude that the vast majority of addicts are actually only smoking cigs, while the minority are using heroin, and not all of them have gotten to the point of physical dependence. Also, many teenagers growing up have many resources to learn about smoking first hand, while any info about heroin is generally unavailable, I might go as far as to say that you dont know until you personally try it. many people, largerly women who have self respect, would never even start doin heroin because its very hard to obtain it with a regular or no income. and as for people who are already junkies, well.... that just sucks man, but you knew what you were gettin into.... there are large warnin signs, almost billboards along the way, when I used to do coke I had a full time job, comes every other friday my money was gone within 24 hours, bills not paid... me and hubby ended up loosing our house and almost our kid... but the main reason we actually stopped was that the drug suddenly became unavailable, no more connection, and at that point you really dont wanna look for another one, not knowing a thing about who ur gettin it from... thats what the biggest turn off was, gettin ripped off to the point where youre actually snorting something completely different that should not evcen carry the name of that drug.

7. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah i was addicted to video games hardcore and i still lived a perfectly normal life, its just nothing was as fun in life as it was in the video game. I don't see how anything could have been more addicting than that and i was happy so thats all that anyone could have asked for. I still did other things, to keep my various skills up to date, but yeah just do what makes you happy and keep doing it as long as you aren't hurting yourself or others. After all if you do something enough times no matter what it is, you are going to get bored eventually and move onto something else to make you happy. At least thats how it is with me.

8. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

Some people see an addiction as the continuous use of a substance despite negative consequences, some see an addiction as simple being dependent on a substance.

I'd like to believe by what Codmouse's describes that his dad can at least manage having a habit. Some people can fly by, do their thing, and still do what they need to do to function "appropriately" in society. So in those terms, how would his "use" even be a problem, really?

9. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Ok why do we have to include the word "substance" in this convorsation?? There is a big difference between the words "addiction" and "drug addiction" The only similarities is that addiction CAN be drug addiction. But this thread is about addiction its not about just drugs.

10. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Yeah. I just can't imagine how you managed to get around in life without stealing video games though. I mean, if you were addicted then you must have been a total loser right?

I am saying even drug addiction though isn't going to make you rob people unless your a total loser.

Deadhead is just a dumbshit. Fucking retard...

11. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

What? Why would i steal video games lol? I was only addicted to a couple of games one in particular. And your only a loser if you feel like a loser. I felt like a winner playing games so i diddn't give a shit about doing much else. I just kept playing it as much as i could until it started feeling pointless.

12. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Actually thats not always true. A person could rape babies and not feel like a loser so it really depends on the situation. If you aren't causing problems for others and feel happy then you are a winner.

13. DeadHead723

gee thanks.

so much for trying to have a legitamite argument over how we both view addiction. its like sometimes your only defense is calling me a dumbass and a 'retard'. that is so low dude, grow up

14. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

I was just joking main. I was being sarcastic.

Dead, you are a fucking retard. Thats why I call you one. I call writer a genius because he is one. Is that low?

YOU are the one that attacked me out of nowhere, so STFU. You have zero respect from me, so why would I call you anything other than what you are?

You talk shit but you jump around other threads starting shit. Fuck off fag.

15. DeadHead723

to everyone else on these forums: if this guy really is a good "member" of your "community", your all living in hell.

codmouse/codemiester, where and when did i ever attack you? i countered your idea of addiction being "fun" and instead of explaining it, you just call me a fag and a retard. for a 22 year old, your pretty immature

16. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

No one is going with you on any of this. You can call me immature all you want. Go for a third time. When in reality, you are the one that started this. Obviously just like I said you are a fucking dumbass. Let me help your thought process;

First attack I read, 3:04pm yesterday.
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=5739797&postcount=31
    Second attack I read,
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=5739795&postcount=25

I keep my cool and ask you to read the thread again. Then you tell me that I am talking out of my ass. Another attack,
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=5741108&postcount=33

Maybe you should re-read the thread like I asked you to? Don't forget this thread too.
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=371887

Do you have anything to back what dumb ass things you say? DeadHead723/Dumbshit you are pretty "immature" for any age.

17. DeadHead723

just blew a line of coke then heroin! SPEEDBALL!!:D

shit fuck balls fuck tits cock shit fuck **** balls....TITs ...> FUCK... shit balls tits! fick shit SHIIITT FUCK!

whoops sorry my tourettes is showing:eek:

shit...FUCK!12

BAlls FUCK!ing SHIT!!!!:piggy:

18. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

:(

Lets just leave it behind then man. Sounds like you are a lot happier than I am...

Someday though.. :D

19. DeadHead723

nah i dont take anything personally, its the internet lol. i feel differently on the matter of addiction than u. thats it. COCKC +BALLS FUCKA FUCK!!!

sorry, keeps coming up

SHITTT **** BALLSACK TITS FUCK!@:piggy::piggy::piggy::hat:

20. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

You really got ahold of some coke and heroin? >.>