Who is your "Mount Rushmore" of actors?

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Song of the South, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

ugh, Ted as well, what was McFarlane thinking

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

He was thinking live action Family Guy

3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I know.

Okay, If I had to replace Wahlberg, I would choose Adrien Brody. Amazing actor.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Gone girl especially, make an otherwise perfect thriller, but have Afflecks very punchable face in there Grrrr

Deidre likes this.
  5. Song of the South

Song of the South Members

My Mount Rushmore is growing. Like I said earlier, I have seen more classics than most people my age, but not nearly enough to include some of the great older actors who probably deserve a spot.

But one older actor who does, and I don't think I've seen his name yet, is Robert Duval. The first movie I saw him in was The Judge with Robert Downey, Jr. (that was probably his last role to date, although I didn't look it up.) That movie didn't impress me much, but man he sure did. So I worked my way back through a lot of his stuff (I am a binge watcher if you can't tell!)

Robert Duval is kick ass incredible in everything I've seen him in.

scratcho and Eric! like this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Exactly, he was not the right guy to play that part. Or any part!

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Source Code is a guilty pleasure of mine, a little whack, but great movie, I've watched it at least a dozen times

8. Song of the South

Might as well have my mountain chiseler carve out Hilary Swank on my Mount Rushmore. What have I got, like 12 faces up there now :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:?!

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I got to watch Falling Down again, its been a while

Eric! and McFuddy like this.
  10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You didn't like "Ted"?

"TEDDY...RUX....FUCKIN....PIN!!!"

Deidre likes this.
  11. storch

storch banned

Excellent choice. I believe that the Professor, bless his heart, truly had the well being of everyone on the island in mind at all times. And I think the Skipper, come hell or high water, backed the Professor 100%. Gilligan, though inept a majority of the time, was an honest soul who wouldn't dream of taking advantage of the others; not even for all the coconut-cream pies Mary Ann and Ginger could make in a year. And Thirston Howell the 3rd, while failing to contribute in any meaningful way to the survival of the group, must nevertheless be given credit for not using his money to corrupt the others.

12. Eric!

12 looks more impressive than 4

Song of the South likes this.
  13. Song of the South

I came along a little too late even for reruns of this show, but bought a DVD of season 1 (or 1 and 2 maybe) in the discount bin at Walmart.

I never could get past how many outfits Mrs. Howell packed for what was supposed to be a fucking 3 hour cruise :tearsofjoy:

Eric! likes this.
  14. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Noooo!! Make it stop!
    :D

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A history of violence is another cracker

Aragorn and Ed Harris in that

Mortensen and Harriis in anything

16. Eric!

Hehehe!

Deidre likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

18. Eric!

Wahlberg hates all that now

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I've got three. Best I can do.

Toni Collette. She's so talented and underrated. When people talk about the greatest actors of our time, she's never mentioned, and it blows my mind. I've loved her ever since the Sixth Sense (spoiler alert, Bruce Willis is......the whole time).

Cate Blanchett. Yeah, she's talented and beautiful, but she pulls something off that not a lot of female actors can: She's a badass villain. She exudes this cocky sexiness that seems to be without effort.

Claudette Colbert. Oh my God, when I was a teenager, I tried to track down as many of her movies as I could. And it wasn't easy. This was the VHS days. Anyway, she seemed to always play these funny, yet awkwardly ditzy women. She had some fierce and confident roles, including a 1930s movie in which her character has an abortion, but it was roles in films like It Happened One Night and The Egg and I that appealed to me. Okay? There. I said it. Cate Blanchett played the girls I wanted to be...still be, but Claudette Colbert played the girls I actually was...am. And that's refreshing.

The fourth spot on Mt. Neo, will either be Bob Mattey or Willis O'Brien.

scratcho likes this.
  20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^I agree with Toni Collette, she's so good. have you ever seen her show United States of Tara?

Also agree with Cate Blanchette, she's great in anything she does and has a classic, old Hollywood beauty about her. She blew me away as Katherine Hepburn in The Aviator

And speaking of Hepburn, gotta give a shout out to my girl Audrey Hepburn. She'll forever be my idol. How can someone be so pretty?