Who is your favorite movie charecter?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Peirce Brosnan or whoever in Golden eye, that was always my favorite.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That was a good movie I especially liked that Russian chick

3. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

From my favorite movie "Gone With the Wind" it would be Scarlett O'Hara. She was such a bitch but she did her best to survive. My hero.

[​IMG]

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Xenia Onatopp

Not quite as memorable a name as Pussy Galore but certainly unique.

hotwater likes this.
  5. hotwater

The Worst Actor Award ......................

[​IMG]

Irminsul and tumbling.dice like this.
  6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Although he was pretty good in Everything Must Go.

7. hotwater

Your really reaching ...lol..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  8. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Harvey Keitel as a corrupt cop whose life falls apart in Bad Lieutenant is also a great performance:

Eric! likes this.
  9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

hotwater likes this.
  10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He's a great actor!!

Joshua Tree likes this.
  11. hotwater

He is a great actor and it’s a good movie, but that full frontal nude scene of his made my skin crawl

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

now if this were about favorite characters from any fictional media, i would likely say hilfy chanuur, or possibly havaland tuff.
    i don't suppose anyone who wasn't reading speculative fiction in the 1980s would have the slightest idea who either of them were.

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't have a favorite overall.

I probably have a favorite in each individual movie that I watch.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my favorite characters aren't humans and my favorite movies, not all of them even have humans.
    they're mostly either animation or some kind of puppetry, mechanical props, architecture, that sort of thing.

well there's, if anybody remembers dark crystal, i'd have to say the first uru at the very beginning, and augra, and then kira and gen, in about that order.
    in zootopia, which i keep calling furtopia for some reason, well there's judy, mostly because i'm so impressed by whoever made her fur.
    fennic was annoying, but fennics are cute, even when they are, even when they go out of their way to be obnoxious so no one will think they are.

oh i actually liked the yakk guru too. and i think that movie delt with real issues faced by real people and cultures, more and better then any and all the live action movies that claim to.

the second and third ice age movies, the ones without any humans were better then the first one with.

how to train your dragon, of course toothless, although the third sequil, which i haven't seen, has a female, and apparently albino, night dragon to give toothless a mate?

the cat in kitten witch of course. oh and the red headed girl horse taur in the origeonal fantasia.

the mouse dragon in legend of the dragon kings. which i wish the story had stayed with being about and ended differently.

there's a bunch of anime things, and there's a french animation 'my renard', which i've only recently found out about and seen just the one episode.

and one of the foxes in mongrels, the one who didn't eat his kids and the grey cat.

villa in blake's seven. he was one of the humans, but i thought orac was pretty cool.

oh chewie in star wars, and yoda when we furst meet him, but there was something else i'm trying to think of, that was kind of science fictiony,
    i mean as close to it as media ever comes, oh i don't rememer their names of the characters, but in timescape i think it was.

i know there's one i keep reaching for but can't quite bring into focus. it wasn't one of the major ones that everyone would know.
    i'm sitting here racking my brain trying to think of who it was.

hmmm, speaking of the doctor, there was lilla of the sevateem. oh and of course k-9. but that's not it either. oh ha, proffessor kettlewell. just gotta love the name and context, and as i seem to recall, it was he who created k-9.

maybe i'm just thinking of a movie there should have been but hasn't yet, i do that a lot, but no, i'm almost certain, it was a move with all aliens, no humans, and they were all, no two of them from the same world, and all different from each other because they're species had each evolved on its own world. and i did have a favorite character in that one, but maybe i watched it in a different parallel univers is why i can't remember it?

someone like neelyx from the voyager itteration of star trek, but completely alien from a stand alone movie. there was sloan who named his ship teddy, but when media got ahold of it they completely blew of the potential of that and called it fire fly and screwed up pretty much everything else about it in the process, but that's obviously not the one i'm thinking about either.

it was, it had a lot of good contextual and inside kind of humor, without being slapstic or loosing subtlty about it, it wasn't overly heavy handed drama either as i recall it, and was i almost as obscure as buckaroo bonasai, maybe more so, but again there weren't any human humans in it at all, or at least not among the main characters nor one their ship.

the membari from babilon 5 were pretty cool, and the vorlon/shadows and their living ships.

darn darn darn, and i wish i could read some new stories like that too.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The Irish guy from Braveheart.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the goofy little dragon from mulan.

every odd alien unknown species of 'annoying sidekick', from every anime.
    (most of whom seem to fly or levitate in some mysterious manor)

also all the wise old advisor characters, who are kept interesting by not giving them enough air time to realize what they'd probably be like the rest of the time.

(that when i was little i always dreamed of becoming)

and all the mysterious smart people, who are probably only interesting because of being mysterious, but i like that anyway.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  17. curiousbear

curiousbear Senior Member

But the topmost is the female lead, the doctor, played by Meg Ryan in City of Angels.

I crush for lot of characters, in lot of ways, but this is on the top of the list

18. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon.

19. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

Robin Williams as Patch Adams.
    Also Nicholas Cage-- every character he plays, and Sean Penn in I Am Sam.

curiousbear and ~Zen~ like this.
  20. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

One of Denzel's earlier roles, sort of a tie with "Leon" but I think Man on fire is a more believable role.