Who is really teaching our Children

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toecutter, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

To answer the thread............................"Social"media?

Hope not.........parents.

Mzzls

myndtyme likes this.
  2. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

The worst teacher ever is he who teaches what he believes to be true and changing the very concepts of acknowledged thought.

3. erofant

erofant Members

Also to be fair - I'm sure I thought school was "stupid" around the 8th grade. Hormones were kicking in big-time, girls became a new focus, and some new freedoms became available as a "non-little-kid". But parents and guidance counselors in school hammered into me the importance of a good education for a more profitable adult life. Thank God I listened to my parents and the guidance counselors!!!

Many "parents" today don't even know where their kids are at any given point in time. I have some horrible "parental" examples in my own family and in-law families. Alcohol and drug problems, poorly-educated "parents", etc. The little kids have NO good role models and guidance. Bleak futures for the young ones ....... and it's VERY SAD.

4. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

I can only speak for my own country(nl), but (basic)education needs to be objective(religion/ect) and non commercial............and is soooo important.

For the most part it is not that bad in my country....:)

Bigger problem for youths is the rest of society,social media/interwebz really dont help.................. the constant bs that we are doomed and have to have the newest whatever*sigh*

No motivation, but it does not excuse anything...............sometimes they just need a right kick in the butt;)

Mzzls

myndtyme likes this.
  5. erofant

erofant Members

^^^^ Agreed. Education is the most precious thing for anyone, IMO. Without a good education, your prospects are gloomy, especially in a global economy where shopping for talent is easier than ever before. Instant communication via the web allows productivity from anywhere. But with that instant, easy communication comes misinformation / lies intended to benefit only a relative FEW people - politically or in business. Social media has become a cesspool of lies and misinformation, and it's intended to confuse and steer masses of people in directions that benefit those FEW who spew the garbage into the social media.

I agree 100% with your assessment of "have to have the newest, latest, greatest thing(s)". It's a never-ending gerbil wheel that traps people. Hyper-consumerism ....... it's sad.