Who Is One Band That You Really Want To See Live?

Discussion in 'Alternative and Indie Music' started by porkstock41, Oct 9, 2016.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Tool. Had a chance to see ozzfest when they were in it but blew it.

Foo fighters. I never really sought out tickets because I really only like the first 3 albums. Wish I saw them back then.

Chili peppers would be OK.

Primus
    Garbage
    Skinny puppy (more for the theatrics than music)
    Some like the spells or cadallaca...not exactly time warps but the members move from band to band so it's always possible they get back together.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Spice Girls

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've never seen them no. I know they played Wacken but I mustn't have been a fan much when I was there. And I'd only want to hear a few albums by therion. Hehe. I'd also like to see Suffocation just to have my face fall off by the wall of noise. :D they seem brutal live. I missed out a couple of years ago seeing them.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I haven't thought this through completely, but off the top of my head, I'd like to see David Gray. N. American tour starts in November.

I looked into tickets...$70 for obstructed view...that's nuts. Tickets for anyone even kinda famous are insanely overpriced imho.

5. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

well at large outdoor venues, there are usually seats near the front, and lawn in the back. and the fact that you are farther back is reflected in the cheaper price. sometimes there is a "pit" section that is right in front of the stage - no seats - that costs the most.

anyways, i've paid extra for seat tickets for some of my favorite bands...because the lawn is reallly far away, and i feel it's worth the extra to be closer with a designated spot. and it's not like you are forced to sit...there is plenty of room to stand and dance in front of your seat. you can even go to the lawn if you so wish, smoke a stealthy doobie or something..and then go back to your seat.

i've been to indoor venues though where the seats are along the edge and the main floor is general admission. i've never bought those kind of seat tickets, but would consider it as i age :)

and i've been to some indoor venues where there are no seats, like you said. they are usually the smallest and more "intimate" shows where you can be like two feet from the band if you want.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Speaking of intimate venues, Jack White played a couple of shows at the Orange Peel in Asheville a few years ago, which is a really small, intimate place. I dont care that much about seeing Jack White in general but would have lov ed to see him in such a small venue He sold out both shows within like 5 minutes of tickets going on sale so I didnt make it.

Smashing Pumpkins did an 8 night reunion run at the same venue, but eh.

I saw them when i was 18, which was over a decade ago. Maynard played the entire concert in his tighty whiteys with his back to the audience.

It was a good show!

7. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i would have went to see smashing pumpkins...but yeah, their newer stuff is not that good from what i've heard.

tool would be cool to see

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like their 90s stuff, but Billy Corgan creeps me out.

1 person likes this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Saw an interview with Maynard he said flashes from cameras fuck with his head. Gives him headaches or something like that. might be why he faced away. Could also be part of the show or his personality.

I was gonna mention the pumpkins also but like the foos. I don't think I would like their present day set list.

1 person likes this.
  10. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

i like all music

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Im the same about Therion. Some albums only, don't care about the rest :p
    So is coincidence a real thing? I haven't thought about Leaves eyes in a year, just met my friend who's in it a week ago and now i notice this thread gets bumped again. They're releasing a new album this month btw!

12. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Of currentish bands: I'd say Scala & the Kolacny Brothers, Nightwish, Haim.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I saw they were getting ready to put out a new album. :)

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The one band I always wanted to see live, but never got to was

Pantera

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  15. morrow

morrow Visitor

Kasabian.. pearl jam.. few more. But that's on my top list

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i would have liked to see Queen live

17. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

seen all the really big bands but when Dr Feelgood Toured there was no way to get tickets

18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Bikini Kill

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Twiztid

20. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Peter Gabriel

neoprene_queen likes this.