Who Is One Band That You Really Want To See Live?

Discussion in 'Alternative and Indie Music' started by porkstock41, Oct 9, 2016.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

out of my top 10 favorite bands...i've been able to see 6 of them. two of them aren't bands anymore, so the two that are left are Modest Mouse and Red Hot Chili Peppers. those are two bands that i would love to see live

what about you?

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

King Crimson, Kraftwerk, Swans...

Nothing good ever come to our area.

Last show I went to was The War on Drugs who played at Water Street in 2015, not long before it closed.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I would love to have seen Boston, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Eagles and Jimi Hendrix, just to name a few. I've seen quite a few good bands but the ones I missed are the ones to stick out in my mind.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Flaming Lips. They came around here a few years ago but I wasnt able to go and i've regretted it ever since

RainyDayHype and porkstock41 like this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I guess Deadmau5 would be alright. He is electronic dance music. I'm not really excited about rock acts right now, though Muse seems like they might be ok too. Also, maybe like the White Stripes, Deathcab for Cutie, and.. I don't know I can't think of any others at the moment. Who else doesn't suck.. The String Cheese Incident and Phish are two jam bands I would like to see, but I hate the ticketing process. More often than not you get to choose your seating. Well I wouldn't know good seats if they bit my arse because I'm used to festivals where there aren't seats! At Coachella you just walk around or sit on the ground and that's really the only big concert I've been to, besides Pearl Jam in Los Angeles. Anyway there are a few I suppose.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Radiohead

2 people like this.
  7. porkstock41

oh shit, i forgot that water street had closed. i saw quite a few good shows there though. Interpol, Minus the Bear, the Movement, Iration, Rebelution...probably some others.
    and i saw Silversun Pickups and Sublime with Rome at main street armory. so rochester got a decent number of good shows, but it does seem like more good bands come through the new jersey area where i live now.

yeah, two of my favorite bands are either broken up or the original members are dead, so i was focusing more on bands that are still alive and well.

at most outdoor concerts you have the option of buying lawn tickets. they are the cheapest, farthest away, and no seats. i guess you could say it has a slight festival feel...so check out lawn tickets maybe?
    or if you get seats, generally the closer the better and even more key...the more in-the-middle, the better.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Oh, I didn't know you moved. When did you move to Jersey?

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the Kinks

back in their day...too late now theyre too old but id still try to go if they decided get together again and i could afford a ticket

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pink Floyd
    time travel me back so I can see them in their hey day when they were all together, too

The Eagles....same time travel

11. I'd like to see Radiohead again. I saw them once with a friend shortly after my mom died, and I totallly wasn't there for the performance. I just have this vague memory of Thom Yorke on the big screen being all frenetic. Don't even know what songs they played.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Therion
    Twiztid
    Dark Lotus
    Leaves Eyes

13. porkstock41

people!! no time traveling in this thread! :)

about a month ago. new job at big pharma.

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

Bad company this weekend in Manchester...@####ting@#**"***

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Thanks! I will certainly use this information! :)

1 person likes this.
  16. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

17. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

The Maguires?

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Can't think of any that still exist and I haven't seen already. There are also some that are just too old and I don't really care because their life performance is not anything like in their heyday.

Some that were in my top 10:

Black Sabbath (with Ozzy)
    Hawkwind
    Taake
    Steeleye Span

Wouldn't be your first time right?

And what about Therion? I saw them at Wacken. Haggard as well (you know them? Not talking about Merle :D)

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I've never been to a concert with seats and I do not envy those who did :p :D But what I would dislike even more is to pay for a ticket and being obliged to stay at the back of the concert hall.

1 person likes this.
  20. morrow

morrow Visitor

Most venues in the uk have tier tickets, you pay less for the main hall, no seats! Who wants to sit?