Who is more famous

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by pensfan13, Sep 6, 2013.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Tim or David?

David Robinson has the whole Admiral thing which makes him recognizable and he was on the Spurs first.

Tim Duncan is thought to be one of the best power forwards ever but he is even more quiet than David was (if that is possible) so he dosnt get the publicity he could if he was more outspoken. Tim is however not born in one of the 50 united states so he has a bit of that international thing going on in his favor.

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

David, because he played during a time when the NBA was more popular than it is now. Also, he will always be in the history books as the starting center for the Olympic team that didn't win the gold medal.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

David Robinson only because I was so devastated when the Boston Celtics entered the 1997 NBA draft lottery and didn’t get the number 1 pick which would have been Tim Duncan [​IMG]

Hotwater

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah well, the Blazers had M. Jordan and traded him(before he ever played ) to "da buas" , as Magic Johnson would say. Instead ,I think they took Bowie at center!!

David and Tim both are and have been great players.

5. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Probably a toss up, David played during a time when the NBA had a bigger audience (thank MJ) but I think Tim was a better player so it might be close to even. IDK, they are both future hall a famers anyways.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Tim Duncan because the Spurs didn't win a Championship until he arrived and now with him they have what 4 of them?

Of the past 25 years, I'd say Tim Duncan / Greg Popovich is in the top 3 most notable Player / Coach tandums in the NBA.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I don't know either of them, so they both win. Or lose.

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Ditto. It mainly only Americans who would have heard of either.