Who is going to be protesting against oil spill?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by peace_love_60's, Apr 30, 2010.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Yea, BBAD is right, but why not also use this disaster as an opportunity to change something for the better and maybe think about just easing off the oil. Last night Ted Danson (I don't know what he has to do with oil or disasters) was on AC360 and he had a good argument, which was to at least consider this a huge lesson and not put up any more oil rigs. We can leave the ones that are there, but we don't need more.

2. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

I'm not so sure that it was an accident. It could have been sabotage. The "news" has been dominated by reports of one disaster after another, ever since the new year was ushered in. First there was a devastating earthquake in Haiti, and that was soon followed by a major volcanic eruption in Iceland. The oil spill is simply the latest disaster in a series of major disasters. I could be wrong about this, but I see the hand of evil men in very high places, who are trying to exterminate life on the planet. The next major disaster could be a nuclear explosion, with a death toll in the millions. The newsmedia already has the 'infrastructure' in place for such an event to happen, along with a ready-made scapegoat upon whom they can finger the blame.

3. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

That seems likely.....

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It may have been sabotage, but you sure as fuck can't protest the oil company for getting sabotaged. You need to re think this.

Also.... nuclear explosions don't just happen like that, you can end up with all sorts of horrible things happening, but an actual weapons size nuclear blast from a reactor, as I understand it, is next to impossible. The reason the poster child for nuclear disasters, chernobyl, was such a huge human health disaster is that the soviet government kept releasing statements saying "it's all under control, don't worry about how all your comrades are glowing and growing extra arms, go back to work". If the world knew what happened and measures of the proper magnatude had been taken, chernobyl would not have been anywhere near the disaster it was.

I guess we'll see what's going on in a few hours with this "top kill"... for anyone who's too busy with their conspiracy theories to check what's going on in the real world, they're pumping mud (I think like drilling, bit lubricating chemical/fire retardant/whatever "mud", not dirt and water) and cement into the pipe.... which seems like such a super complex idea, I'm suprised they thought of it after only like a month ;)

Hopefully they succeed, but if they fail, the government needs to seize control of this shit.... as well as seizing control of the company, and rebuilding and designing the whole damn thing, or dismantling it.

5. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

You can believe that the 'power structure' is dominated by kind-hearted men and women ... or you can believe that it's dominated by power-crazed psychopaths.

I'm casting my vote for the second alternative.

The power elite is constantly seeking to create wars and disasters, and is totally dominated by 'elitists' who are seeking to destroy the earth.

In the person of J. Robert Oppenheimer, we have a fairly decent prototype of someone who represents the prevailing power structure.

The "elite" is totally bent on the idea of space exploration.

It could be that they're looking for a place where they can run to after they've destroyed the planet earth.

Have you ever seen any serious debate in the "news" about the pros and cons of continued funding for NASA ?

6. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

There is no way that I believe that the world is controlled by people with good intentions, I am fully aware that governments create disasters and such but maybe your ideas are a little too radical. There is no way that we have the technology to cause earthquakes and make volcanoes erupt. If that was the case, you may as well say that the governments caused things like hurricane katrina and the tsunamis. And the fact of the matter is, we have not yet found another planet capable of sustaining human life. So there is no reason to wipe out life as we know it just yet.

Back on topic: The reason I believe that the oil spill was in fact an accident is because it is costing these very same power-crazed, money-oriented people hundreds of their precious millions to stop the leak and clean it up.
    so in relation to the OP, I still firmly believe that it is a waste of time protesting against an oil spill.

If you have any REAL concrete evidence to back up your theory I would love to see it. (anything other than some crazy, outlandish conspiracy theory)

7. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

<< "On April 28, 1997 U.S. Defense Secretary William Cohen made the following statement:

<< 'Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves… So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations…It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts.'" >> http://www.cheniere.org/correspondence/022501.htm

8. sash

sash Member

It's just laughable that our govt does not regulate and control these nasty oil companies. How is it possible that they let them make a mess like this one??
    People have died and many more will probably die cuz someone was trying to cut costs and was not on the govt radar. The damage for the environment is even larger and then we are worrying about fixing problems in other countries???

Power to the People!

[​IMG]

9. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

The U.S. Defense Secretary will make up any bullshit to feed to the public to excuse the U.S pumping more and more money into so called "counter terrorism". When in fact public statements like that is a form of propaganda which you have fallen for. And I asked for evidence, not a bullshit statement. I have been studying physics for nearly four years now, I really love it, so I would love to see what you have to offer regarding these "electromagnetic waves" which can alter the weather and cause natural disasters.
    I have to admit, I didn't read that whole article, I was laughing too much to make it through.

10. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

We should protest the law passed by corrupt politicians that limits the BP liability to $75 million. The Republican Party wants the middle class to pay the damages, not BP. I think that is outrageous and we should be taking to the streets.

11. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

It' hard to disagree with you on that point.

It's a race against time with this oil spill.

I've heard that it has the potential to destroy the oceans.

I wish that there was an easy way to stop the "elite" psychopaths who are bent on killing and destroying everything. If you have any friends in the military, you should try your best to convince them that they should storm the halls of government, and arrest everybody from the president on down.

12. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

So no info on those "electromagnetic waves"???

I thought so...
    (aside: I would never befriend anybody in the military)

13. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

<< "HAARP Boils the Upper Atmosphere

<< HAARP will zap the upper atmosphere with a focused and steerable electromagnetic beam. It is an advanced model of an 'ionospheric heater.' (The ionosphere is the electrically-charged sphere surrounding Earth's upper atmosphere. It ranges between 40 to 60 miles above the surface of the Earth.)

<< Put simply, the apparatus for HAARP is a reversal of a radio telescope; antenna send out signals instead of receiving. HAARP is the test run for a super-powerful radiowave-beaming technology that lifts areas of the ionosphere by focusing a beam and heating those areas. Electromagnetic waves then bounce back onto earth and penetrate everything -- living and dead." http://www.haarp.net/

14. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

15. spiralout23

spiralout23 Member

Before any protesting starts, we need to figure out a way to plug this oil "geyser" and do whatever we can to clean up. That is crucial because this thing is pumping thousands upon thousand gallons of oil into our ocean so it needs to be stopped ASAP.

16. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90781/90879/6740734.html << "An earthquake of 3.0 on the Richter scale was simulated in southern Israel Wednesday to test and develop seismic sensors, local newspaper The Jerusalem Post reported. Scientists simulated the earthquake in Negev, using a controlled explosion of 80 tons of explosives, said the report." >>

17. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

An explosion is not an earthquake

18. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

An explosion can cause an earthquake to occur, on the condition that the explosion is a) strong enough, and b) is strategically placed on a fault line or at a junction of the tectonic plates. It isn't very hard to envision a nuclear submarine going down into the ocean and then setting off a nuclear device at a pre-determined weak spot in the tectonic plates.

Here's the same article as before, but from a different source : http://www.globaltimes.cn/www/english/sci-edu/world/2009-08/461633.html

19. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There is no reason we can't do two things at once.

20. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

Your'e grasping at straws here, they didn't cause an earthquake, they made the ground wobble with a big explosion and measured it. A real earthquake has never been caused by man. And what happened to these electromagnetic waves that you said cause earthquakes?
    Stop changing your argument and accept it. The oil-spill was an accident, earthquakes and volcanoes can't be created by the push of a button, and the weather is not controlled by some electromagnetic wave generator!!

Go to school! Seriously! Don't embarrass yourself any more!