Who is God to you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by peaceman7000, Oct 16, 2008.

1. ANIM0SITY

ANIM0SITY Member

anyone wanna chill and help me out

2. Chapter13

Chapter13 Member

he's the dude that lives under my stairs

3. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

(Entry 303 below)
    My sentiments exactly. Also check out Richard Dawkins' book, The God Delusion.

4. Morpheus-DreadStep

Morpheus-DreadStep Member

I don't know what to believe but I sure ponder maybe the beginning hadn't happened yet. When God says let there be light it isn't a physical rainbow concentrated into one ray of light, or a lamp turned on in the universe but more a light in mind to comprehension of such things... maybe it happened and we are the evolution of light. I believe God is the essence of everything, running along side collective consciousness... the Beauty of simplicity amongst nature's chaos... Trees are receptors of energies branching out to the skies in a search of salvation they have not found grounded to the earth. Stars are gateways to a demension we could only seek to reach. Evaluating God is useless but it is necessary to respect the concept, as you would drugs, money, relationships and anything else in and around the material world we live in... Keeping in mind God would not live in our material world but a universe outside our understanding, everything is simply a matter of interpretation

5. KeithBC

KeithBC Member

I don't buy into the whole god mythology at all. So, to me, god is nothing at all, just an empty word.

6. i0-techno

i0-techno The Magnificent Dope

God is our father. Our faith brings that which IS closer. The closer it is the easier it is to understand. The farther away IT is, the less likely your faith will be there for you. Faith makes that which seems bad good because you see the truth. Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Do you know what you behold? Do you know?

7. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

NO!!!! So fuckin' tell me already!!!!!

8. Doobie60

Doobie60 Senior Member

9. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

"Someday you will read Icculous."

Peace Out,
    Rev J

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

well, Im able to read Acorns so well that one day they grow up to be BOOKs... :D

PLANT TREES>... thats what GOD said... :D Gen 1:11... :ssmokeit:

11. PsionicLili

PsionicLili Member

God is the sun.

12. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

agreed. or rather, the meaning it has been given is something else entirely.

13. Driftwood Gypsy

this makes about as much sense as anything else.

14. Well who owns God? Is this strictly a religious affair, or is this a genuine matter for scientific inquiry?

If God exists, you can deduce some things. For example, God is omniscient. But each individual possesses the knowledge of what it's like to be them. Therefore, in order for God to maintain omniscience, God must be each individual.

I would love to see the parameters made starkly clear, so that we can really know what we're talking about. The Christian/other ideal v. what you can deduce about God logically. How would a Christian feel about God having to be all of us? How can you reconcile omniscience with God not knowing exactly what it is like to be every individual?

15. lilHippieChick

lilHippieChick Member

not sure. :/

16. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

I'm pretty satisfied with how amazing the world and all it's creatures is that I don't really need to entertain myself with ideas that make things seem more complex than they actually are.

But to me the higher power would probably be the forces of good and evil

17. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

I am not very religious these days and organized religion has left a sour taste in my mouth. I think most of those religious folks mean well, but this your going to Hell for sure stuff turns me off. Anyone who tries to force it on me instantly turns me away.
    I prefer to believe that we all will pass away and then move on to a place without strive or common human stupidity. You won't have to earn your way or act any certain way. It just IS and will be waiting for each of us....;-)

18. phlyfinch

phlyfinch Member

God is a big tree

19. uitar9

uitar9 Member

There is no proof-you either believe through faith, or you don't believe.

YOU are god!!!

20. Driftwood Gypsy

I agree about "You are God!!"
    As an atheist, I'd say the closest thing to God for me is myself, or psychedelics.