Who is God to you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by peaceman7000, Oct 16, 2008.

1. peaceman7000

peaceman7000 Member

I was raised Jewish with Adonai being my God. I still believe in God but I'm no longer certain who He/She/It is. I suppose that God is everything and it is all part of God. My only problem with this theory is all the bad things. Anyway...

Who is God to you?

2. stalk

stalk Banned

everything and nothing.

3. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

consciousness.

4. telephone

telephone weird

all of it. every being, every nonbeing, every star, every planet, every body of water, every mind, body, and soul, every connection, every opportunity, all of existence, and all that is non-existing. is ALL ONE, conscious collective being, energy.

just because "bad things" exist and happen doesn't mean that we're not all connected. It just means sometimes egos get in the way.

5. stalk

stalk Banned

6. Karma Angel

Karma Angel Member

Energy; the spirit that us humans cannot comprehend, fore it is too big for our existance.

Love your answer telephone, I could not agree more with you. ;]

7. 420UFO

420UFO Member

God is love, life, death, the universe, everything and nothing. All the dieties of the world are facets of "God".

8. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

a better question is What isn't God?

9. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

God is make believe, all that is is consciosness and that may not be real, be objective.

10. peaceman7000

peaceman7000 Member

You don't have to call it God. You can say a higher power but can you really say that there is no power greater than you?

11. Spaced06

Spaced06 Member

God is the absolute being who divided himself so She could experience Himself through duality and subjectivity, through consciousness in a state that is not absolute. So in a sense, we're all God. Perhaps only a piece of It, but colectively we're still It.
    As for the bad things, I believe it's because every part of "God" has forgotten that it is a part of God (but that's necesary if teh Collective Experience is to happen), and so our free will and our bad spiritual memory allow us to do whatever we want, without considering the greater picture, or rather, without being conscious of it. As for huricanes, earthquakes, volcanos and that sort of thing, I don't think it's bad, it's just part of the ballance in Nature.

Don't pay attention to me, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

12. 420UFO

420UFO Member

that is fucking amazingly awesomeness. :cheers2:

13. peaceman7000

peaceman7000 Member

Yeah I like how you explain it.

14. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

He is the Creator , the Great Spirit..he is in everything , and all things return to him.

15. ~Beatle Girl~

~Beatle Girl~ Member

Mainly I think that God is the most powerful and there's only one. Without mattering how many religions there are, God if the only one. You can give him several names, but the esecence will never change.
    I'm definitely a believer.

16. MatchboxAwakening

MatchboxAwakening Member

I believe god is an entity that is in everything. everyone sees him differently according to who they need god to be. different religions are the product of god revealing himself to different cultures. none are necessarily good or bad, everyone sees them as they need him or her or it to be. religion is always a reflection of the values and beliefs of a culture. and god to me? its hard to explain? can you describe how you see the color red? it just is. for me god doesn't really have a gender, it switches from man to woman to no gender at all. it can be a parental figure, a lover or a friend or stranger. its not something incredibly personal, but it can also be like having someone next to you. to be short god is everything and nothing to me.

17. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

the only way god could be real is if we are its dreams.

18. Spaced06

Spaced06 Member

I believe that in a sense, we are "god's dreams". I certainly don't think that god is some dude sleeping and dreaming about our reality, but I do believe that what we live in is an illusion created by the "supreme thing", which would be the same as saying that this is an ilusion created by ourselves, for ourselves, cause we think ourselves different from god only because we are in this illusion.

19. Fuckeye

Fuckeye Banned

A new challenger appears.

And actually on topic: No god.

20. YoMama

YoMama Member

To me God is the creator of all that is.