Who here believes life exists on other worlds?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by jerry420, May 26, 2004.

1. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

I don't doubt that he presents himself in a reasonable manner, but I've done a little more research, and I really find his theories far-fetched. I mean, "reptillian-Illuminati" and world leaders eating babies??? I'm not one to take things for face value, and it's only logical to assume that people in power have agendas, and that these agendas are kept secret. For example, the whole war in Iraq thing. While studying history, I came to the realization that just about everything that has been written about the past is erroneous or a distortion, that the truth about what has happened is essentially lost, and what we have is the interpretations of a select group of historians, whose primary source for information is documentation that has been created by the ruling elite or religion, and that this information always reflects their agenda. So I don't doubt that the "truth" as it's being fed to us is anything but, however, what this Icke guy is saying is simply way beyond reason.

2. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

After reading about the many enviroments that life as found ways to exhist in, and then learning how older planets may have more life-supporting materials than we ever guess;there may just be life on every planet. (Of the microscopic variety perhaps, but life.)

Then again, after learning that the human brain has basically been the same for 200,000 thousand years, then considering how far technology has come in only 2,000; there may well be humans on every planet as well for all we know.

Sweet dreams, Earthlings:)

3. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I have a simple answer. I don't know if there's life in other worlds but I believe there is. Because why do we have to be the only planet with life?

4. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Tell me more, i'm interested, if you're for real... (I'm skeptical, but willing to try).

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

who in their right mind can possibly immagine it does not?

=^^=
    .../\...

6. TheStoon

TheStoon Member

Whilst I believe it is more than likely lift exists elsewhere, i do believe it is possible that it doesn't.

What if we are the only planet that is EXACTLY the right size, EXACTLY the right distance from EXACTLY the right size and type of star, with EXACTLY the right amount of protection from space objects, with a moon exerting EXACTLY the right amount of influence on the planet.

I think its possible, but unlikely.

7. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

Well, I think it's difficult to say whether or not there are other planets that have exactly the same conditions needed for life, as the universe is so vast. There are billions of stars out there, so statistically, there should be a few Earth-like planets out there. So I'd say that there is a good chance that "intelligent" life is out there. But as was stated earlier, considering the fact that life on Earth exists in some very extreme conditions, I find it hard to argue that this couldn't be happening elsewhere.

8. Warisfortheweakminde

Warisfortheweakminde Member

Indeed, this is possible, because there can only be a certain amount of positions coinciding around a Sun, so out of the trillions of star systems out there I imagine that one bears an exact position to ours. However even if it does'nt that is by the by because to support life a planet doesnt have to be in the same position as ours, the life on that planet would merely evolve differently to us. I mean where did we come from anyway? We did'nt just spring up here because it was just the right temperature, life does'nt just begin.

I sincerly doubt if we'll find out in our lifetime.

9. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Well that's out of the question

oh, well yes, I mean I can see that, you and your 18 members... who between you can collect togther just over 100 posts... you're obviosuly a thriving community of experts... best that you go underground, save yourself any embarisment. :p

10. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

And you (with all due respect) talk out of your ass... show me some proof, and I might take you seriously...

11. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

Oh come on, humor him. It's more fun to believe.

12. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

OK... you know what I believe? That *intellegent* life on earth was seeded by aliens. Life was already here, the dinosaurs had come and gone, and ape like creatures were starting to evolve... Down came the aliens and geneticly engineered them, evolved them, and then left them here...... the 'them' are us.. the human race.

...Well, don't know if I fully believe it (I'm the type of person that needs proof), but sure like the idea of it. It would answer a lot of questions.

But that was a hell of a long time ago.. and I do not believe we're currently in contact with aliens.

13. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

You're never going to get any "proof" on this one, so why bother getting worked up about it?

If aliens did gm apes into humans, it's just one more reason why I don't want anything to do with them.

14. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Oh I'd not say I was getting worked up about it, it's just an interest. As for getting proof, sure, there is lots of proof, Look into the works of someone called Alan F. Alford.

15. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

Do I believe life exists on other worlds? Shit yeah! And when the rest of the human race pulls their heads out of their arses and stops thinking they're so goddamned special, then we all will.

16. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

If life exists why is it not here? How come they don't contact us?

17. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

Sorry, but this guy fashions himself after Erich von Daniken, who I believe is a total nutcase. I don't mean this to be offensive towards you, but that's just how I feel about it. I try to be open to alternative theories, but people like von Daniken are beyond reason.

18. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

Probably for the same reasons we don't or can't contact them.

19. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

I was actully under the impresson that he got a lot of his inspration from someone called Zecharia Sitchin, I've never heard of this other guy before. But you could be correct.

I myself realise it all sounds a bit far fetched, after all, I state that David Icke is a nut case, and yet here I am saying something similar to him with regards to the oragins of life on earth...

But then, I myself only state it to be something that I would like to have had happened, but don't yet know if I fully believe it.. It's more of a good sci-fi idea maybe.

Maybe we will never know...

20. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

I think von Daniken's theories are cute and fun. I love the movie Chariots Of The Gods. The one that intrigues me is the markings in the ground at Nazca.