Who here believes life exists on other worlds?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by jerry420, May 26, 2004.

1. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

My simple answer-OF COURSE THERE IS!!

2. chicken neck

chicken neck Member

you gotta alien? what do you feed it?

3. chicken neck

chicken neck Member

let me get this. your keeping one of those ugly dead aliens called boing and your feeding it love.

dude you are sick!

4. chicken neck

chicken neck Member

whatever dude
    you wanna catch it and sell it. folk pay good money to have one of those or to watch a video of you giving it some love. yeah thats what you should do. boing boing boing it on film

well I reckon thers life out there. they should keep away from here or else

5. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Oh totally, I think it's impossable for there NOT to be life somewhere else in the unverse... all sorts of diffrent life... I just fear we may be too far away from it all for any form of contact.

6. yazzi

yazzi Member

life is any living organism, and there is indeed some small form of life on Europa.

7. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

I'd say that there is in all likelihood other planets out there that have conditions that can sustain life. The thing is, I'm not all that keen on making contact with these beings, seeing how screwed up humans are, I'm sure that they're not much better.

8. underground04

underground04 Member

first off a life form would most likely be carbon based because carbon is so common and bonds with other elements so easily. if you can find another common element that can easily make a lot of different compounds then tell me.

and i also saw a cnn presents about life in the universe. adn they said theres a calculation htat some guy did that says that there can be anywhere between 1000 and 10,000,000,000 civilizations in the universe

and michael, thats either the most amazing thing ive ever heard, or youre nuttier than chinese chicken salad.

9. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Well, I'm female and here I am!

I think it's very probable that life exists elsewhere in the universe. The universe is HUGE, and even if the chances of the conditions to support life are very small, because of the universe's size there's many chances for life to exist. I didn't explain that too well but there ya go :p

10. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Hello there, Natalie. :)

11. sleepy_ashes

sleepy_ashes Member

Of course... How niave is it to think that WE are the only ones capable of life in the entire universe. I'm sure there is budding life somewhere else, and life we can't even comprehend in other places. Will I see it in my lifetime? I'm not going to hold my breath, but at the same time I wouldn't be too surprised.

12. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

Yeah but would you really want to see it in your lifetime. Think about it, when the Europeans first began invading North America, they brought with them diseases that apparently wiped out 90% of the Native population. And not only that, after a short period of guarded peaceful co-existence, Europeans and Natives began fighting each other until the Europeans practically exterminated them. My guess is that if someday, if there is intelligent life out there, this could happen to us.

13. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Well, that's what happened in War of the Worlds (only the other way around, we killed them)...

14. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Aliens dude, they are already here, and they are the reason for our depleting natural resouces. They are the founder of the free masons. The illuminati. All that alien shit is real.

15. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Someone's been reading too much David Icke...

16. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The PBS show Nova is airing a series about human origins; I've seen two of them so far and they're very well-done. I can't say I learned anything new, but it was interesting to actually see the equipment, and "meet" the people who have made key discoveries, etc. A lot of the content is on the program's web site:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/origins/

17. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

Well, the humans were toast, and the bacteria saved the day.

18. iiaajmn

iiaajmn Banned

I've never heard of this guy, but he really looks likes a crackpot. Kind of like Erich von Daniken.

19. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Yes, that's what I meant (i.e. our bacteria and germs, etc. killed them, rather than theirs killing us (as the poster had suggested).

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

well not read his books , but saw him on a programe the other day .. he seemed a reasonable kinda guy. A lot of what is quoted by the press that he says is taken out of context . Quick sounbites Mr ike does not like .

He used to be a goal keeper of all things