Who Have You Seen Live?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Lennon_Skye, Mar 4, 2009.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i don't know about big, quicksilver in a little joint in sacramento, jackson brown in the acoustically nightmarish municipal auditorium sacramento had in those days. i was living in auburn or colfax at the time. meatloaf at the old state fair grounds.

now elton john, buffie st marie, at the unr campus in reno, redbone ash and some of the members of chicago, particularly seals and crofts relatives and friends, at an intertribal thing and later at the baha'i center that used to be in reno. this latter wasn't an auditorium. it was an old house, that's probably lawyer's offices now, last time i went by where i think it used to be.

april bellows (cher) came by to try to join just for an uncontested devorce and was dissapointed to learn the faith didn't exactly work that way. dosh and jimmy were people i met there, along with their wives, and some of their relatives who were in other bands. kind of a different 'scene' then seeing them perform in concert.

i never made it to any of the big rock concert venues. just whatever free concerts in parks and on university campuses, and then meeting people in what you might call their 'civilian' or 'mondane' context as people.
    not intentional, just being in same places for same other reasons, mostly unrelated to their work as entertainers.