Who has the best scream?

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by lakeoffire, May 6, 2007.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

IM going to have to say john lennon has the best scream. hands down.

2. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Hence - 'Curse the being who said Jonathon Davis'

3. Lutfish

Lutfish Member

Wait.. i read wrong.. I disagree with you^^
    Seriously.. Even if he doesn't growl much, when he does it, it's more brutal then most of all death- and melodeath- bands..
    I mean John would pwn the shit out of like bolt thrower, in flames, dark tranquillity, whatever.. Even Dez.
    The only one, that i know, that beats John is mikael..

No one has the same feeling in their growls as he has..

But that's only my opinion..

4. PsyGrunge

Well that's pretty dam fucked.
    Jonathon Davis has more vocal brutality about him than Dez Fafara, Randy Blythe, Glen Benton, Peter Wiwczarek or Corey Taylor??
    We must seriously be hearing Metal music from different sides of the sound spectrum as there is no way in Hell Jonathon Davis can outdo any of the vocalists named above.

5. Lutfish

Lutfish Member

Dez uses effects, and doesn't have any feeling. Randy is cool, and a great singer, but also he hasn't as much feeling.. Glen Benton has great and low growls, tho they are a bit bad now a days, But he just growls.. I hate piotr.. Just hate him -.-
    And corey taylor?^^ Are you fucking kidding me?.. He can't fucking growl now a days and he does two things only.. Screams and singing clean.. Seriously, i love slipknot but corey reeaaaally aint on the top^^

So basically i go by feeling, and i promise you that none of your singers can do this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JMe7B7ByqHE
    Just screaming your lungs and heart out with so much pain and agony..

And just for the record, i love all those bands who those singers sing in.. Except vader.. i don't like vader.. I just think that they just sing good, but there isn't nothing more to it.. They are good with their bands, but without them they really ain't nothing.. except corey.

AND!.. this is just my opinion, again.. I don't know how you look at feeling

6. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

How could you even compare Jonathan Davis to Randy Blythe and Corey Taylor? I mean Korn is okay, but they've gone so downhill. His voice is nothing special.

7. Lutfish

Lutfish Member

can admit that their albums and songs have gone downhill, and there's not much growling these days but he can still growl like before and when he does it, its like no one else..

And don't say corey^^.. have you heard his screams these days?
    Just pigsqueels that sucks..
    Though i like old slipknot where he is better.

8. PsyGrunge

I've seen DevilDriver live and Dez's voice ISN'T altered. Didn't you ever hear his roars in Coal Chamber? It's easy to see he's just been working on his diaphragm technique. Also, watch the DevilDriver recording sessions on youtube. Fake he ain't.
    Randy Blythe sounds like his throat's got a coating of razorblades, barbed wire and broken glass, and if you say Corey's voice is fucked NOW, then care to check out the amount of fucking recorded AND live shit he's done with both his bands in the past number of years?! It's no wonder his voice is changing. Something tells me it deserves to sound a bit weaker these days, the amount of shit he's put down the mic.

Jonathon Davis is shit, an icon in the teenage-generation and I wouldn't even bother talking about him but when you're comparing him to true Metal vocalists, ALL that can be said is that he comes out sounding like a faggot.

9. Lutfish

Lutfish Member

.. Lol... Oh he does use effects, and btw he still doesn't have any feeling imo..
    Randy is cool, but still no feeling.. The thing is they growl whole songs, so they can't scream their lungs out because that would ruin their vocalchords, so that's not possible for them.
    If his voice ain't working after like 15 years he doesn't growl right.. Just look at all the DM bands from the 80's that still can growl.. and corey can't growl after 15 years? That's not right..

Hahaha, okey you gotta be stupid :D.. I guess you're referring to that korn has gone mainstream and blabla.. The thing is that they haven't, they're just experimenting and they have always done..
    I could hav agreed with you on this point if you didn't bring up corey to this conversation.. Slipknot and corey is the biggest fucking sellouts in whole metal, and does everything for fans and money.. They wanna be the best, so they go mainstream..
    The funny thing is that in one consert Corey trashtalks korn as hell, and a few years later he sings with them and joey plays drums for them.. Hypocrites? oh yes.

I mean vol 3... Wth?!.. There's no song in that album that's gone back to the roots of slipknot.. they all just scream mainstream.

So bringing Corey into a discussion that's about mainstream.. Not a well played card ;)

And btw, i still love all those bands.. just think that John is the only one that can use his full voice when he screams, cuz he doesn't scream whole songs.
    AND!... This is just my opinion.

10. PsyGrunge

Right, I'm not talking about mainstream and each band's standing in the subject so sorry to piss on your fire but the topic here is 'who has the best scream' not 'which band has the most fans'. If we were talking about each band's position in mainstream, then the conversation would look radically different.
    Jonathon Davis should not be considered superior to other names mentioned above, as he would certainly not 'pwn the shit' out of any of them.

11. Lutfish

Lutfish Member

You started talking baout teenage icons and so on.. And i took that as if you thought they were mainstream. Slipknot is just as much "teenage icons".

No maybe not in growling whole songs, but the stuff he does, i think, pwns everyone else..
    You know that 'who has the best scream' can't be decieded because everyone has their own favourites and no growler sounds like another, so you can't say who's the best..
    So this is just me speaking my mind about who i personally think is the best.

To end this discussion i'll conclude by saying this again:
    John. Davis is the best growler (imo) because he has more feeling than all the other singers, whether he can't growl long or whatever.. That's just my opinion.

12. dazedandconfused11

dazedandconfused11 Member

i think the guy from testament

13. redmathew

redmathew Member

There should be no doubt on who has the best scream, its the fukin metal god!!!

Halford invented the metal scream, and all this numetal/scremo/hardcore shit is horrible, and is a discrase to metal! I am only 20 and i no that there is no such thing as good new metal, its all old shit that is pure/awsome....

All give respect to the greatest heavy metal singer ever, the metal god himself, rob halford

[​IMG]

14. dazedandconfused11

dazedandconfused11 Member

how do you get to the chatroom?

15. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

O.K. since you all are in need of a lesson in GOOD, I'll say this, Jon Davis is a good vocalist and some losers(^) cant match him... and the best is Maynard James Keenan, by far.

16. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I don't usually like the screaming, but I really like Varg Vikernes' (Burzum)

Especially on "Snu Mikrokosmos Tegn"

17. Gnoo

Gnoo Member

Dallas Toller Wade from Nile is a kick ass vocalist... tho scream... growl... whatever...

18. samson

samson Hepcat

there are some great screamers posted so far!

Im gonna have to go with Ian Gillan w/Black Sabbath - Born Again has some impressive metal screams. Ian is quite a wailer with DeepPurple, but I love the extra he gave it with Sabbath on that album. Plus, hes not a grunter, and has real range whether screaming or not.

For grunters, the guy from testament is pretty good live when ive seen em
    Roger Waters scream on Careful with that Axe isnt metal, but is a super scream

19. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

Hmmmm i have not much idea as for what youre all talking about.

But i think Chester Bennington (sp?) is really good.

20. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

LMAO LMAO LMAO.

Jon davis whines, not screams. He whines, crys and babbles. Horrible vocalist for a shitty washed up band.