Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Feb 23, 2019.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
    people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
    DL

Eric! likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Is this a hypothetical question?

3. Maybe, since God has complete control over everyone and everything, he simply uses Satan to try and make our lives more interesting. Or maybe he's just bored himself. Haven't you ever played with action figures and just gotten bored and knocked them all off the table?

It must be so unsatisfying to be God. You're just in control of everyone and everything. Nothing surprises you. There's nothing to fight for or against. So lonesome.

Yes I am being facetious. I think it is implied that God is not in absolute control in such a way. There are such things as circumstances, even for God. The scripture says nothing about how God casts Satan out, what Heaven is like...if there is only Heaven and Earth...etc.

That said, I believe these are just stories meant to captivate and actually secondarily to explain. Things never go right for man, so it helps to look to some evil other we can all unite against. But that doesn't work, either.

Eric! likes this.
  4. Satan Thrown Out of Heaven
    7 And war broke out in heaven: did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

5. So, like I said, it says nothing about HOW he was cast out. It just says he was cast out. By whom? There was war in Heaven...well, we can't be having that. So send him to Earth? Does God have two choices, Earth or Heaven? What happens if Heaven is taken over or destroyed by Satan? Etc.

6. My bad. When I copy and paste of that scripture a part of it didn’t go with it but it should say Michael in the arc angels cast Satan and his demons out. Michael the angel is Jesus

7. Asmodean

Shamona!

8. So, "God" didn't even cast Satan out. It was Michael. Which proves my point that there are circumstances. The OP is saying basically that God can do ANYTHING. So why bother with Michael? What, is God just playing with his figurines?

GreatestIam likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

in my case, it's mostly my penis.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  10. God doesn't have a penis. But maybe he'll create one someday. Or maybe he already has on some faraway planet, and their species was immediately destroyed.

11. God does have a penis. Dirt. Think about it

12. Dirt is not a penis.

13. Asmodean

So what do you make of a black hole?

wilsjane likes this.
  14. Asmodean

15. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Since you told us elsewhere that there's no such thing as the supernatural, why should we worry? They're just figures of delusion or fantasy. May as awell worry about assimilation by the Borg.

Maybe where Shiva like to place his Lingam....

16. I don't think God would make it so that his penis couldn't escape a black hole. If it went in, it'd come out.

17. Gives life to things. Humans are made of dirt

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Man has free will. In theory neither God or Satan can influence him.

This is why it's interesting to me how some Christians think they can prey for something and then do things in their own life that affect "god's plan". If there is a plan for you then what is the point of making any decisions?

Satan gave mankind knowladge: the forbidden apple. So does this mean god wants man to be stupid? God says man will live in peace if he does not learn. It's odd thinking to me but I can see the Christian prospective too. Man can use his free will for good or evil. God has told him how to live and he can decide to not listen.

Slunted likes this.
  19. I thought a serpent gave mankind the forbidden fruit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Bible say it was Satan? I always just thought it was a freaky snake.

20. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Your choice.

Regards
    DL