Who Feels Comfortable Going To An All Women's College?

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by Kick Frenzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

True, that can happen at single sex or co-ed, male or female.
    However, there's an insanely greater chance of being subjected to any of those in co-ed situations.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It's rather silly to identify as another gender, but want the perks of the gender that you don't want to be.

On the other hand, while people should be allowed to have repugnant gender-segregated colleges, nobody should give them the time of day - having a degree from such a place would be a monumental mark of shame, xenophobia, paranoia, insular thinking, and everything that college is supposed to counter in a person. College is meant to challenge your beliefs and comfort zones, and if you can't even handle being with the other half of your species, you are not a serious person, do not have a serious college degree, and should generally not be taken seriously.

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

How do you figure? That doesn't make much sense at all.

In normal mixed-gender situations, sexual relations are normal, cross-gender relationships and friendships are normal, etc.

In gender segregated situations, everyone is obviously hung up on gender - how could they not be, it's forced to the forefront of everyone's minds, by the unnatural situation. Any deviation in behavior (ie openly sexual behavior, leaving the gender enclave to participate in sexual behavior, homosexual behavior, or even pointing out the ridiculous situation) will mark an individual as a very easy target for mob-psychology/groupthink type attacks or shaming, and the seemingly conformist and heterogeneous environment will make it very hard to get anyone to stand up for you.

It's especially silly to be latching on to a gender that you are not (in any objective way), and then playing some sort of victim for being that gender. Fuck you, you pretentious fuck - there's real gender problems, and if you're doing anything, you're exacerbating them. If you feel like a woman that's cool, I don't really care - but I do care when you turn around and start talking about who else can be a woman in what context or after what statements or choices. If you can be a woman, so can real women, even if they said they felt like a man once.

4. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

On your opening statement, I agree.
    Which is what Bryn Mawr college has in their policy (identify as female = eligible, identify as male = not eligible).

On your second point, I strongly disagree.
    There are all kinds of specialized school geared towards specific students.
    Like, would you call someone from a beauty school not serious about beauty because they don't have a full degree that also covers trigonometry?
    Or a black person going to an all-black college having an inferior education, with no other reason than they don't allow everyone to apply?

Now, while I agree to certain point that schools meant for a select segment of people can be more harmful than helpful, that doesn't negate any degree earned at one of those colleges.
    For the real answer to that, you'd have to go into nitty gritty data that has nothing to do with sex, ethnicity or whatever.

How do I figure?
    Do you even have to look up stats on rape to know if someone is more at risk of rape from someone of their own sex or the opposite sex?
    In co-ed situations, do guys rape girls or other guys more?
    C'mon, man... you have GOT to better smarter than that comment.

Next... yes, you're right.
    Identifying as one gender, then trying to take advantage of bits that are the opposite gender, would be disgraceful.
    Not to mention, calling their identity into question.
    (Unless it was some display of "my sex can do things your sex can do just as well" type of thing.)

Also, yes... if a woman felt like a man "once", then of course they can still consider themselves a woman.
    But if they consistently identify as male, then... not so much.

I'm not sure, but I may have just agreed with all of your points (in this second quote, obviously) while validating my own.
    ("What the fuck is going on" indeed, Axl.)
    (I'm listening to "Coma" by G'n'f'n'R and that line just played a moment before I typed it.)

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

my erection would make a pop-up tent out of my school girl skirt. Id feel comfortable because my panties are soft..

1 person likes this.
  6. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

See... now that's how you make a somewhat off-topic/on-topic most!

(Not sure if I should laugh.... or use one hand to type.)

1 person likes this.
  7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don't laugh. He's serious.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

He's serious?
    Really?

I mean, seriously... I've been drinking, so not sure if I'm missing something.
    But, it doesn't seem to me that being comfortable with a hard cock in your soft panties is a serious reply to what someone thinks of a pre-op/pre-hormone trans male applying to an all female college, when the policy is to allow only those who identify as female.

(Edit: I meant "post", not "most", in my last post.)

9. Michi65

Michi65 Members

10. Michi65

Michi65 Members

I would have been comfortable and probably one of the biggest mistakes in my life was when I did not go the women's college after I was accepted, Mt. Mary. I wasn't passable but was accepted. I think it was 1997, after I graduated with an associate's degree. Now at 49 I have eye strain and I don't think I could get my bachelors any more. I actually signed up to technical college in 1988 as a woman before I legally changed my name. I was on the 10-year plan for an associate's, which has kept me employed. It turned out to be a test how I felt like living as a woman although I was stressed, always worried someone from class would see me at work with my male name tag, although people at work knew I crossdressed. This went on for about 6 years before I changed my name.

11. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I wonder if accepting admittance to a women's college would have made a difference in your level of comfort in being who you are.
    It could've gone either way, I imagine, depending on how the student body treated you.

But, besides that part, congrats on moving forward. :)