who else thinks that...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duck, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I thought that data had to be off, and largely accounted for by holocaust deaths.

But I got only 8 million holocaust deaths, which still makes 52 million a rather large number..

But, I don't like the implication that it's only a tragedy if it reaches the death toll of the second great war.

2. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

Not what i said. I didnt say it wasnt a tragedy. I said compared to world war 2 its insignificant

and its for sure 50 million, experts say its between 50-70 so i put 60+. just imagine how many bodies werent found from being burned in ovens or from being made into dust from nuclear bombs

3. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

it's not about the us. it's about humanity.

the things you do, the stuff you buy, it affects people all over the world every second.

wake up, dumb fucker!

4. vigilanteherbalist2

was? was? was?

it's going on right now, this very second. women, children, men, are being murder, raped, tortured. open your eyes!

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I just told you how its the USA's problem. Patrice Lumumba was the Congo's first democratically elected prime minster. Your favorite president Eisenhower conspired with Belgium and used the CIA to stage a covert coup which imprisoned and murdered Lumumba and installed Joseph Mobutu as dictator.

the blood of the congo is all over America's hands.

The CIA documents from the time are declassified; do some research.

6. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

I dont understand your point. What does me buying something have to do with Eisenhower :confused:

My view on the congo: If they want the killing to stop it starts with the man holding the gun. The power is in the man to realize what he is doing is wrong, not for another country to bomb the shit out of them.

7. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

Do you not realize you are saying the same thing you are arguing against. When they kill the leader or whatever. It pisses the people off so they start wars. WELL what about the people holding the guns, its okay for them to kill too? because you can blame it on someone. Everyone is responsible for what they do. Even if someone kills your leader, that doesnt mean you can just go kill people and say its a presidents fault, or the CIA's fault, because the people are doing the crimes.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was not blaming Eisenhower for every death; I was just making you aware that he was part of the catalyst that spurred the Congo into becoming one of the most tragic conflicts of modern times.

Its not insignificant. Its only insignificant to you because you live in the bubble of the western world where Africa's many problems mean nothing.

9. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

Vigilante i agree with you to a certain point. I dont think any killing should be going on at all. But its not our faults that people over there decide to wake up and kill every day. Yes, they have motives which may have been caused by us, BUT, they have the power to put the guns down and make peace.

10. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

Africas problems mean nothing to me because they are the ones doing it. They can stop any time they want.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

this sleeping giant is going to kill someone.. :leaving:

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I find your point of view rather ignorant. The Congolese have one of the lowest life expectancies in the world. These people have grown up in a cycle of blood shed and violence. They don't know anything about western ideals of peace and love, and in order to understand the Congo you must first understand the source of the conflict, which happens to be the coup staged in 1960.

As far as how your buying habits effect the Congo, do some research on the diamond trade. There is a reason the US invested so much interest in the congo.

I am not blaming one person, i am just making you aware that Grandpapa Ike is not without fault.

13. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

All i am saying is you cant blame Eisenhower for all these people wanting to kill eachother. Because who is the guy who pulls the trigger? not Eisenhower, its whoever is holding the gun. They have a choice to kill. Even if they grow up in bloodshed, you still know right from wrong. You cant tell me if you kill someone you dont feel it inside that you did something wrong. They know what they are doing is wrong, most of them kill probably for personal interest. And that is not something i can feel bad for or show sympathy for.

And trust me, i am against false flag attacks and all that kind of stuff that gets wars started for profits of few. but you need to realize that if people would think for themselves and know that thou shalt not kill. Then it wouldnt matter what any CIA or high power douchebag does

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The millions of women who are victims of rape cannot stop the violence. The innocent people who have lost their homes and family members cannot stop the violence. It would be different if we were talking about a war that didn't effect the civilian population whatsoever, but this is a total war we're talking about that is comparable to the scale of WWII. There are millions upon millions of innocent victims that have been effected by the Congo war who are powerless to stop anything.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I am blaming Eisenhower for the events that happened in 1960. Perhaps if this never happened the Congo would have flourished as a peaceful and democratic nation.

16. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

I understand, and perhaps thats true.
    But it still goes back to my point that the only people to blame are the people doing the killing themselves.

If there is millions of people feeling helpless why not start an underground movement to fight for your life. Or just let them kill you and dont fight back for you know they will burn for all eternity and you are going to a place filled with pure bliss.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The problem with fighting for your life is it translates into more deaths, more bloodshed, more violence. The problem with letting someone kill you in return for a blissful afterlife is not everyone believes that.

Whats going on in Africa is not simple, even if people living in the western bubble think its simplistic. no matter though, i didnt mean to hijack the thread. I just wanted to make you aware of the negative side of Eisenhower.

18. vigilanteherbalist2

you are so blind.