Who doesn't have a belly button?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by zihger, Nov 20, 2008.

1. odonII

odonII O

From your links:

Philip Henry Gosse: Gosse was author of Omphalos, an attempt to reconcile the geological ages presupposed by Charles Lyell with the biblical account of creation.

I don't think it was a common belief in science unless you were also religious, too.

2. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I may of miss spoke in stating that it is a common belief that Adam and Eve had no belly button . I think its more the belief of thoes that chose to worry about such things . I was razed Christain , and understand the moral code its founders were putting in to efect by writing the Bible . I have a some what different belief system , with out Adam and Eve . The Bible never does state who Cane's wife was , not his sistor as some will tell you , thats incest .

3. odonII

odonII O

I would agree with that.

What's gonna happen if it was his sister? There both going to be arrested?
    I guess looking at it from our perspective, it isn't something many Christians want to entertain - because they see it as morally wrong.
    Biologically it's a bit suspect.
    But, it is likely there would not be any genetic abnormalities.

Cain is described as a crop farmer and his younger brother Abel as a shepherd - who exactly were they farming and shepherding for? o_O

I would imagine in the unabridged version of the Bible it does tell us a lot more than the current version.

I guess the best thing to do in awkward situations like this is ignore it.

4. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

In older Bibles Adams first wife was Lilith . She may of had some children with Adam . Cain's wife could of been a daughter of Lilith . After some problems with Adam she got turned in to a demon . As i understand the Bible it is more a moral code book , not literal history . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

5. odonII

odonII O

I think that is obvious. But realise some people see it as truth. Given the large passage of time until some of the 'history' is written (upto a thousand years) - I would suggest she is, like many characters in the bible, an amalgamation of many. It's quite amazing these stories have lasted so long, to be honest.