Who doesn't have a belly button?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by zihger, Nov 20, 2008.

1. zihger

zihger Senior Member

Underwear model Karolina Kurkova has no belly button.

[​IMG]

Is a barely-there navel for cosmetic or medical reasons?
    The newspapers call it the "riddle of the £2.5m beauty". The beauty in question is Czech supermodel Karolina Kurkova. The riddle is her non-existent belly button.

Its absence was noticed this week when the 24-year-old graced a US catwalk for lingerie giant Victoria Secret. While most of us have an "outie" or an "innie", Ms Kurkova has a smooth indentation (although sometimes a tummy button is airbrushed onto her photos in post-production).
    Otherwise known as a navel, the belly button is the rounded, knotty depression in the centre of the stomach caused by the detachment of the umbilical cord that fed you while in the womb. We all have umbilical cords, so why don't we all have a belly button?

Ms Kurkova has not spoken publicly about how she came to have a smooth navel, and all her agent will say is "she's not an alien".
    Some have no belly button as a result of abdominal problems at birth, often either an umbilical hernia, or a condition known as gastroschisis - born with the stomach and intestines poking through a hole in the abdominal wall.

This is what happened to Rob Swainson, 26, of Bournemouth, who spent his very first hours in surgery to rectify this unfortunate mistake of anatomy. As a result, he has a cross-shaped scar in the middle of his tummy instead of a belly button.

"I thought about having one constructed when I was getting interested in girls, but not for long," he says, adding that people are more surprised by his scar than his lack of a navel. "You only have to look at Michael Jackson to realise it's probably best to live with what you've got."
    And while it is standard practice to clamp, cut, then seal a newborn's umbilical cord to prevent infection, in lotus births the cord and placenta are left to drop off naturally. "But that's not at all common in this country, and there's always still something there to show where the cord was attached," says a Royal College of Midwives spokesman.
    Cosmetic surgery

Adults, too, may lose their navel after stomach surgery or having skin grafts taken from their tummy. Some may have an artificial belly button made. WHO, WHAT, WHY?

A regular feature in the BBC News Magazine - aiming to answer some of the questions behind the headlines

And thanks to the trend for midriff-baring tops, cosmetic surgeons have developed an operation called an umbilicoplasty for those who want a more aesthetically pleasing navel. Most procedures involve transforming an outie to an innie, or resizing a large or lop-sided innie to be less obvious.
    Ms Kurkova's lack of belly button doesn't seem to be hindering her career. Forbes magazine ranked her as the eighth highest paid model in the world last year, with estimated annual earnings of over £2m.

What she's got is far more eye-catching than what she hasn't.

LINK

2. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

I propose expanding Offishul RFOLL membership to anybody with a soul...This would exclude most Federal LEOs

3. Vana

Vana Member

My dad doesn't, also because of a surgery

4. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

yeah i think this "elitist" talk about only those with belly buttons can join needs to stop and it needs to stop now!

5. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

The belly-button qualification was changed many years ago to anyone with a heart....but I like Turn-up's credencials better!

6. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Some people have survived/lived with artificial hearts, would that count? How about anyone with a brain, since no one can really live without one? Souls could be too specific pertaining to some religious views that others may not believe in.

7. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

I think belly buttons are sexy.

I heard of this girl at my school who doesnt have a belly button because when she was born, all her intestines were outside of her body, and they had to sew her back up.

I think that would be sorta traumatic.

8. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

I always thought that only Adam & Eve at no belly button ...............LOL

PAX

9. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

it was?....i had not heard that ...hmmm

the belly button phrase must stick around due to its catchy-ness..lol

as for LEOs not having a soul ...i would have to disagree, they are simply miss guide souls that have not seen the LIGHT and are puppets of the powers that be :wink:

10. Woolyman

Woolyman Member

i never took the phrase literally myself...if we're looking for qualifications we are missing the point...be easy

11. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

a kid in my class doesnt, i dont kno why but he keeps showing it off lol

12. Trips509

Trips509 Member

One time I was at a party and everybody was getting drunk, obviously, lol. Anyways, when everone was pretty fucked up this girl out of nowhere was like "hey everybody, you guys want to see something trippy" no joke, then she pulls up her shirt and she has no belly button. Everyone was like what the fuck.

13. OrlandoHarper

OrlandoHarper Guest

She does have too good figure. I do watch such modeling events to spice my life

14. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Perhaps we should rephrase the no belly button clause. Actually i've always wondered abt that. Becuz do elves, faeries, leprechauns, sasquatch, angels, various et's, etc.any# of em may not have a a belly button. Let's welcome non-belly-button tribes too. Maybe leavin them out all this time has messed family up a lilbit. Something sure has.

15. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Everyone has belly buttons. And nipples too, lol.

16. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

There is a debate among biblical scolars as to wether Adam and Eve had a belly button . The common belief is scince they were created direct from God and not in a woom they did not have a belly button .

17. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Please read post #15, again.

Even if they're never used, they're placed there for aesthetics. :sunny:

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't know why,but every time I scratch mine,my neighbors garage door goes up.

19. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

For reasons well beyond me people have worried about wether Adam and Eve had belly buttons through out history . I guess they have nothing else to worry about . A few of the many many links on this .
    http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/bellybutton.html
    http://www.amazon.com/Did-Adam-Have-Belly-Buttons/dp/096592288X"]Did Adam & Eve Have Belly Buttons?: Matthew J. Pinto: 9780965922883: Amazon.com: Books
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/cm/v18/n3/belly-button
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081127105022AA3qHxd
    http://www.creationtips.com/belly-button.html
    http://manna4thought.blogspot.com/2011/04/did-adam-and-eve-have-belly-buttons.html
    http://www.talkjesus.com/evidence-bible-prophecy/42783-did-adam-eve-have-belly-button.html
    http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi1154.htm
    There a lot more that are easy to find with a search .

20. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

p.s. we will assume that Eve had nipples and breasts so she could nurse , Able , Cane , and all the others she begat .