Who do you R-E-S-P-E-C-T More? McCain or Aretha?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by skip, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, I know what you mean. A lot of criticism i'm seeing seems centered around his service in Vietnam, which I dont particularly understand. He didnt mastermind Vietnam, he merely served in it and served honorably and paid a hefty price for it.

Eric! likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Will you stop doing that, if course there are different degrees of everything. People will see the justifucation for different wars differently.

He wasnt a war hero, simply because he was involved in Vietnam

It was a dumb proxy war, Russia and China on one side, US on the other, all too scared to directly take on each other. So its fought over rice paddys of some third world country no one really knew anything about.

Russians were supplying the Migs to the NVA, no way they would have lasted that long on their own. Most of those downed US aircraft and lives lost were really Russias fault, but no one seems to have the balls to say it.

It was one big mess, no heroes involved

storch likes this.
  3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Except no one is saying that's why he was a war hero. You might pay a little closer attention to information given about his service record.

Nice straw man though. I give you credit.

And thank you for history lesson. Unnecessary and elementary, but thank you all the same.

Yeah you're right. Enduring an extra four years of torture and imprisonment for the sake of his comrades is for cowardly chumps. Nothing selfless or heroic in that because the war itself was a sham.

Nice logic bro.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2018
    Eric! and Okiefreak like this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

He seriously did try cop a feel.

Hands off Arianna!!

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He may not have fought in a noble war
    But is still deserving of respect for what he had to sacrifice while fighting in said war
    All soldiers are deserving of at least that, least of all a prisoner of war who completely lost 5 years of his life to it

Eric! likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

On a lighter note
    This is the best of this meme i've seen
    FB_IMG_1535833884206.jpg

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

What % did you watch ?
    McCain I watched removed from hearse placed in Capitol til the pallbearers receded.
    Today the very beginning of the mass and the ending as the hearse drove away which are I believe the best parts.. Obama and Bush are some characters. And you take Bush anywhere they sing, hes out a tune but enjoying every minute .. classy

Aretha only a few mins of youtube. That was enough. No dis, but some good lols.

8. storch

storch banned

Yeah, it's important to give credit where credit is due. McCain actually had quite a sense of humor. He could find humor in even those things that represent the darkest side of humanity. For instance, who can forget his irreverent rendition of the Beach Boys' song "Barbara Ann"/Bomb Iran"? Not me, that's for sure. It was a window into just how seriously he took the horrors of destroying people and countries. He had no idea how that kind of humor would be appreciated by the general public.

So yeah, credit where credit is due.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  9. storch

storch banned

No, he did not try to cop a feel. He actually did cop a feel. Doesn't matter though. Like all revered heroes, his groupies will focus on his good points.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I wonder what Arianas diet is, probably Tofu fumes and water. Because she is looking svelt. 25 now, so under normal circumstances should be filling out a bit, but has a teeny waistline

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

John McCain was a treasonous piece of shit. Fuck all this political correctness that says we should slobber over him because he is supposedly a "war hero."

Aretha Franklin actually brought something to humanity with her voice.

John McCain was your typical sellout politician who has only helped to sell America and its people out. Fuck him!

storch likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Safe to say half the population is never going to agree with that.

Any individual soldier never has any personal responsibility for the conflict they are involved in, no matter what the consequences become.

We are not aloud to judge simply because they werent the ones making the big decisions, thats a copout.

There seems to be this thing, especially over the last decade or so where we are supposed to thank them fir their service, no matter what thwy did, where they were. And adulate them as heroes, more so than the likes of firefighters, paramedics or those aid workers that go into warzones and then get kidnapped.

I dont get it, this guy is a hero for dropping bombs on third world asians. Some cop in Atlanta is a bad guy for killing a black guy that shot at him

storch likes this.
  13. Pressed_Rat

Not a single (real) tear was shed.

14. storch

storch banned

A lot of people are under the mistaken impression that death bestows some kind of immunity from honest criticism.

Pressed_Rat likes this.
  15. Pressed_Rat

I notice they're using McCain's funeral to subtly attack Trump.

Not that I care because Trump is just a puppet and an actor fulfilling a role, but this whole narrative is just laughable. Like McCain was this great American politician and hero of the people, while Trump is a complete monster who is against everything McCain supposedly stood (and fought) for.

LOL!!!

America is completely braindead.

America is completely and utterly fucked.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Eh, it isnt even that. I'm not a huge fan of the fake patriotism and hero worship either

I just dont understand the disrespect for the time he spent in Vietnam. If he was a senator then or in some other position of power then, sure, but he was just following orders like everyone else in the military during that era. And he spent 5 years in a POW camp so he paid pretty dearly for it.

Without getting too deep into it, i've seen first hand how the horrors of war can deeply affect someone. I'm sure most of us (in the war hungry US of A anyways) have. So its hard for me to comprehend when someone who has never been in a war feels the need to disrespect someone who has. Because no matter what the circumstances, that person has went through hell and made it back alive. I dont think they should necessarily be hero worshipped for it, but there's no need to be disrespected for it either

Tyrsonswood, Irminsul and McFuddy like this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

That old argument, that only someone with experience can possibly understand something

By that logic, McCain never had 2/3 of his family napalmed in the villiage he was living in because the US and Russia wanted to swing their dicks at each other. So he wouldnt be able to understand either

storch likes this.
  18. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Word...

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes I suppose thats true

20. Pressed_Rat

Love this!!!

John McCain was an awful human being.

Good riddance.