Who are your favorite artists and why?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Moonglow181, Mar 9, 2014.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Member

Their is something about John Constable's Flatford Mill that just seems to make me keep going back to it.
    N01273_9.jpg

2. katsia

katsia Member

At the moment I am in love with Mike Dargas and his hyperrealistic art. I won't miss out on the next exhibition in Europe.

3. Ged

Ged Nuclear Frisson HipForums Supporter

Paul Noble is amazing: upload_2018-2-15_19-12-13.png

4. Ged

Ged Nuclear Frisson HipForums Supporter

upload_2018-2-15_19-14-20.png

katsia likes this.
  5. redshoes

redshoes Banned

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Escher that's my favorite M.C.
    I like any painting that I would want to walk around and explore more.

7. TraverGother

TraverGother Member

I heard Lady Gaga is now an artist.... any comments? i think its okay

8. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I don't really have a favourite artist, but I really do enjoy painting, I love going all kinds of art displays.

visual arts really do it for me, I find the give the most emotional response.

but yes, paintings, I went to a trade school, that also had an art department, they would often display the art around the school in sort of makeshift galleries, it was nice to come into school and see different works being displayed.

anyone can make good art if they put in a little time and effort. I have seen people painting, who had rarely ever painted, who made very good works of art.

the van gogh comment with large brush strokes, I agree, I do love a big clump of paint! I love when you are five inches from a painting and you can't make heads or tails of it, then you stand back, and voila a masterpeice.

9. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I like Loui Jover's work.

[​IMG]