who are phish?

Discussion in 'Music' started by blindhobosam, Jan 9, 2005.

1. phriendlyphishphan

phriendlyphishphan Member

ahhh even sober phans have a good time.

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i seen phish 72 times. they recorded good until about 94 and toured good till about 98, but heorin and coke took over trey, and he became wilson and hid the helping friendly book, then the seen got really polluted. this is because the people who killed jerry, had no where to exploit impressionable kids. so they hopped on the phish wagon. i lost alot of my friends to the dope man.

3. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

I know! Thats why i didnt say everyone.:)

4. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

what, in your opinion, would be their best album then? i have never really heard them and i keep wanting to, but my other computer is down so i just have to buy cds.

5. YEM28

YEM28 Member

Dont get me wrong, Phish is my favorite band, but their studio albums arent so great. The real Phish music is the music that they play on stage, get the Live Phish shows or trade for other shows.

6. YEM28

YEM28 Member

I didnt really answer the question for someone just learning about them, get Junta and Hoist and even Picture of Nectar

7. goldmund

goldmund Member

I know that Trey has probably played with certain things, but I never heard that he was a junkie. I just can't believe it. I went to one of those simulcasts of the Cooney Island show back in June. I have to admit, he looked a little like Eric Clapton (who I dispise), but they were still tearing shit up.
    In '94/'95 I used to be one of those Deadheads too loyal to Jerry to ever acknowledge Phish. I felt like they were just too trendy, Trey seemed to have to much ego and in Gordon's words "played too many notes". After Jerry died, instead of going the Phish route, like so many did, I became a hardcore orthodox rasta and kind of got out of the scene altogether. I bought Junta, Billy Breaths, and would still swipe bootlegs from friends, and when broadband became available I really started to check 'em out. And I have to say now, they are/were quite possibly the best band of all time!