White Rabbit

Discussion in 'Music' started by Peace, May 23, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I think White Rabbit is the most addictive song. A while ago, I listened to it for eight hours straight. It's even worse when you're tripping.

2. FREE

FREE Member

thats one of my all time favs man,i used to get so lost in that tune man,it was crazy but at the same time it was like a whole different kinda existence when i got into that song man,i used to think about the dude who turned me on to it,my dad,said he used to hear it all the time in `72 during his last tour in nam man,then he`d get into the whole"man when i was in the military we smoked weed everyday,i got hooked on opium and all"kinda shit man.i love that tune,its pretty nerve wreckin

FREE

3. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

You ever read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? That guy had a fucking crazy reaction to that song while on a shitload of acid.

If you haven't read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas I suggest you get it. It's an easy read, but you'll want to keep reading it.

4. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

woah 8 hours... i am definetely trying that!

i keep hearing that new "version" of Somebody to Love. and i just wanna slap myself into a coma each time. It's rape of music! RAPE I tell you!!!!!!

5. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Haven't read the book Fear and Loathing yet, but Ive seen the movie, and that scene with white rabbit and the bathtub is one of the most memorable scenes in the movie.

6. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

when men on the chessboard get up and tell u where to goooo

and u just has some kind of mushrooom

and your mind is moving sloowww

thats my favorite part....

i love that song..

7. Velouria

Velouria Member

That song makes me feel like I'm back in the 60s back when Haight Ashubry was just full of cool authentic hippies. It makes me wanna live back then so bad!

8. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

Remember what the dormouse said..

9. Acorn

Acorn Member

feed your head...feed your head!

10. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

MAN THIS SONG IS PROBABLY MY NEW FAVORITE! ive been listening to psychedelic and classic rock for about 4 years now and i just started getting into this band, can you believe that. anyways. this song is fucking great. especially just when the verse "when men on the chessboard, get up and tell you where to go.." from that phrase on...it gets spiritual for me. im a guy and i cant help but sing this sogn at the top of my lungs. lol. i mean i may not sound to omuch like a girl but it just feels so good so scream this out of my body. especially right when she sings "remember, what the dormouse said!" i think thats the best build up to the perfect finish...

feed your head...
    feed your head...
    feed your head...

probably the most moving phrase i can speak now . i love this song. damn

11. redsmurfettehead

redsmurfettehead Member

man, whenever i hear that song!!!
    i scream it out at the top of my lungs!

12. the_dude

the_dude Senior Member

i sometimes turn on that song and close my eyes and feel the groove. and when im on shrooms....dont get me started...

13. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I really like that other song on the album, what is it? hold on I'll get the album....
    DCBA 25, there it is! Yeah I love that song.

14. StonedAngel

StonedAngel Member

I thought the line in the song was "remember what the DOORKNOB said, feed your head.." but everyone on here says its "door mouse" I'm confused

15. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

shes talked from alice and wonderland in which the dormouse told her of course "feed your head " :)

16. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

There was a cever version of the song by an american band in the 90s called Mephisto Waltz that was kind of interesting.

17. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

The summer before last I went to go see the blue man group(they're actually pretty cool, I suggest you all see them some time) with Venus Hum, and blue man group started doing the intro to white rabbit. It was crazy too, everyone got real alert like. So they start singing the song and the girl from VH comes out and sings it(a spectacular redition, might I add) in this wild wire frame dress with like a million syncronized lights on it, and the stage was wired with lights too, so all these multicolored lights are going all over the place in tune with the song. Shit, it was so awesome. So yeah, white rabbit is a good song, even better in concert.

18. Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf Member

I agree with this...I haven't the book yet either but the movie is incredible and when hes trippin hard in the bathtub it sums up the drug experience in my mind

19. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

The context of them doing thoughs drugs would be absoloutley crazy, personaly i love an enviroment with a blissful ambients when i do any drugs.

20. empathy

empathy Member

the first time i heard it i wondered why it was a hit, the second time i thought it was all right, third it was good, etc., etc. that song just drags you in, and before i know it i've been listening to it for a half hour.