White People In Hawaii.

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Jimbee68, Aug 29, 2018.

1. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Or they could have either witnessed the effects of colonization and genocide or heard of other Indigenous nations experiencing it as Indigenous tribes had trade routes all throughout the pacific coast. The territory in canada I live in traded way down into south america. They traded rare local delicacies and also stories.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You'll have to research that. They came from Tahiti and the Marquesas , which are VERY isolated from anywhere.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so same island anyway, i wonder if each settlement there had something like that. i think the one in hilo was actually an island that you had to swim to (i think it was only like a 25 yard swim), but the same basic concept anyway.

4. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

I lived in Hawaii. Their biggest gripe with us was we take their jobs. It’s a welfare state with a ridiculously high cost of living. They have a completely different work ethic which works to mainlander’s advantage.

They’re great to tourists because they have money, but by and large can be incredibly racist. They can also be incredibly friendly if you find the right crowd, but there were large sections of Oahu I was warned to avoid and had a limited number of bars that were safe to drink at. I basically had to stick to tourist areas.

It was an interesting experience but I’d never move back.

WritersPanic likes this.
  5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The Military and the tourist industry are the only two businesses in the entire state, unless you like making beer or raising cattle or marijuana. You can't take away jobs that don't exist, anymore than you can steal their land when the US and Japanese businesses own it all now. Natives can go back to the reservation if they want, but very few actually want that, and quite a few move to the mainland simply because they can't afford to live in Hawaii anymore. Call someplace Libertarian Paradise, and you better kiss it the fuck goodbye as fast as possible if you can't afford the gravy train ticket.

My great grandmother was a half-breed, and nobody wanted anything to do with her, so the native Hawaiians can kiss my ass when they talk about fairness. They are survivors who have fared much better than most of the thousands of other native tribes now extinct. I know a local girl who grew up in Waikiki beach, which is like growing up in Disney land, thousands of secretaries and trophy wives sunning themselves every winter like so many seals, and managed to find a life for herself on the mainland. If the local boys want to raise pot and be lazy, bitch about Howlies destroying their culture, that's cool. Eat the rich, see how far you get.

Even the local prison is a joke, but only because the wealthy have not demanded better. Mother Nature's love is irresistible, but she has a wicked sense of humor. Say hi to Elvis for me. He swung his hips, tiny bubbles flew in every direction, and the Japanese bought the main island, because they couldn't steal it outright, and became our closest allies, because we never trust them to own weapons.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    SouthPaw likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

On a side note (and yes I could easily google this, and I will, but...) how do you pronounce Hawaii?

I think it's Hah Wah Ee, with a distinct -au- sound for both the Ha and the Wa, such that you get Huh Wah Ee but not Huh Why Yee. lol

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

True. Completely both English for generations friends of ours gave birth to their son while she was in Africa, due to her husband running a 2 year contract there. Technically their son is African.

8. wooleeheron

The Hawaiian alphabet is significantly smaller, and its Ha vi ee. The "Likelike" highway is pronounced "LeeKeeLeeKee".

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

thank you. you've just confirmed what I discovered when I looked it up. the "w" is like a "v". lol.. I was way off! :D

10. wooleeheron

The Romans invented the V as an alternative to U, then invented the W as an alternative to V, and German, for example, often pronounced W as V, as in, VolksVagon.

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

There are definitely jobs to take but yeah, most are tourist industry. Most of the bartenders, waitresses, and a large number of hotel workers are all white. I worked in construction and my wife was a waitress. When construction slowed down they always called in the mainlanders first because we worked our asses off (plus a lot of the Hawaiians were in and out of jail). My wife had no trouble finding a job because they thought she was Hawaiian (she’s Native American), but when I tried to find part time work when things slowed down couldn’t even get a job at Borders Books “Haole go home, we no wanchu here”.

I still go back every so often for work on projects (IT/Telecom). Oahu has changed a lot. The traffic has gotten horrendous. When I lived there 20 years ago it was a 20 minute drive from the airport to Waikiki beach. I was back a couple of months ago and it took an hour and a half.

12. wooleeheron

LOL, I grew up there about forty years ago, when the island still looked almost the same as it did during WWII. I ran around in nothing but shorts, no shoes, for so long that although I'm white, I made the natives look like Eskimos. I know a guy from West Virginia who moved there and adopted the traditional farming techniques for growing the 70 varieties of bananas. He loved it, but like a lot of people, it was never home and moved back to West Virginia. Hawaii is a tourist trap for even the natives, who like I keep saying are mostly Japanese! They aren't even Hawaiian, but the Japanese always wanted that island and they are about as racist as they come.

WritersPanic and SouthPaw like this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we live in an age when people of all ethnic ancestry can be found in all parts of the planet. this is because we've had, you know, like transportation technologies, for more then a century now.
    i'm not sure how that makes it a conspiracy to see pictures of people who's ancestors lived near or in the same place as themselves.

i'm not sure if there's some kind of sense, or what it would be, to claim that as being one.

i think i have a good idea what someone might want people to think of it as one though.
    this whole caucasion/white bullshit. yah most of my ancestors were euro-americans too.
    so what? time to get over it. pale skin is just a freek of nature that's only been around for two or three thousand years if that.
    get over it.

and even a human is no more the imagae of god, then a little furry green thing from alpha centauri.
    nor is earths' solar system 'gods chosen'.

the real conspiracy is all this crap fascists try to force on everyone else.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Whites have been on earth for only 2 or 3 thousand years?

C'mon man, even the Ice Man was white.

The DNA testing supports an ancestry of white pigment skin, and he was 10,000 years old. I have yet to see one scientific depiction that shows him to be anything resembling dark skin.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually he was 5,300 years old [​IMG]

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, you're right.

[​IMG]

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So still 2300 years older than proposed white man came about which means realistically, white people are still older than 5300 years old. Uh oh.

18. It's funny you mention the prison, it had a weird reputation. People would escape, sometimes several people at a time, to attend a wedding or something similar. Then they'd go right back in or slip off to another island and go on the lam. I lived in the Halawa navy housing section and anytime we saw lots of base cops in the neighborhood, it was usually because of a prison break.

And it's "Haole". As in "Hey Haole boy, you give me you one wallet and I no kick you one okole (ass)". I learned a lot about varietal racism in Hawaii.

19. Spilled-Patchouli

Spilled-Patchouli Members

It's not always obvious when someone is of mixed ancestry— especially when they're asian/asian-pacific and white. For whatever reason, many of these people are white passing. On top of that, segregation was and still is a thing, in a de facto sense, leading to people being more likely to meet partners of the same race. Not to mention, Hawaii has the most people of two or more races, somewhere around 1/5th of the population is mixed.

20. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization