White furry creature

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Peace Attack, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I swear this happened, i have no reason to lie.

Ok i was about 6 or 7 years old and i had woken up early to watch a movie (nobody else was up). I clearly remember looking out the window and out of nowhere this furry white creature jumps on the window. It had paws, but was too large to be a cat or dog. Also it had a mean face, not a cute one.

I screamed and this thing disspeared. I ran to my parents room and told them but they just told me i was dreaming and to go back to sleep.

This has stayed with me all my life but now that im older i was to know what the fuck that thing was. Anyone hear of similar sightings? any clue what it could have been? btw my back yard is a state forest, so this thing probably likes the woods.

2. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

yeti? polar bear? albino crack addict? furby? erm...frosty the snowman? lol, sorry im no help

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

albino crack addict ....ha, ha, ha....:)

Hotwater

4. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

those furry bastards

5. DeathRowDisco

DeathRowDisco Member

Hahah, well, when people are starving (and we've all seen a crack head before, right?) they naturally grow this very fine white hair everywhere as one of their body's last attempt to keep them warm. Maybe it WAS.

Sorry Peace Attack, don't want you to feel like we're laughing at you, but it IS funny (what everyone else said) and random creatures like that just boggle the mind. No explanation. Maybe it was a possum or something, though? They're pretty gnarly and mean-looking.

6. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I'm thinking possum. They look really threatening up close when they're pissed off, they get decently big (and would seem huge to a kid if one jumped at the window at night) and are grayish white.

But I don't know for sure.

7. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Duh, it was the Easter bunny.

Only he was pissed off at you cause you ate too much candy. A pissed of easter bunny is a traumatizing sight...

8. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

sounds like a tweaked out flying squirrel to me

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was that age i did a lot of walking by myself in the woods. unobtrusively observing the organisms living there.

now a frightning rather then cute face is perhapse somewhat in the eye of the beholder.

though the emotional state of the creature, like our own, certainly has a great deal to do with it.

your discription isn't very specific, born no doubt, of a fleeting moment's surprise. undoubtedly movement, seen through a window, of a six or seven year old human, might well be frightning enough to provoke a flight or fight response from a wide range of otherwise innocent creatures, with corrisponding emotional display.

white fur is a bit unusual, though not that much. there are foxes with white fur, and as mentioned, oposums having a relatively light grey, and a face that could certainly be considered frightning when aggressive or angered.

there is no more certainty of an answer then the ambiguity of your question.
    you might look through the websites of ARCive and AmericanZoologicalAssociation, and similar. animal diversity archive and so on. there are many good websites with encyclopedic archives of lesser known and endangered as well as common species.

if you really want to know, this is where i would suggest to start looking.

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/index.html

=^^=
    .../\...

10. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

when i was about 7 or 8 my sister and I were sitting in the 'games room' eating lunch and what i thaught was a family of giant rats ran past the upper window. a mother with a baby clinging to its back and another two following behind it.
    ..Looking back on it now, it was probably a possum. But man scared the shot out of me at the time.

11. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

possums are sooo ugly. they always roam around my house at night

12. Chill Hippo

Chill Hippo Member

Reminds me of what my friend said. He was on the computer. He dropped the mouse and looked under his desk and saw a crazy white creature. He described it like this thing on the front of a Korn album.

13. darkain

darkain Member

Yeah, Definatly going to say Possum. They can get really big and mean.
    [​IMG]