whining on forums (especially on psychology)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by myself, Jun 2, 2007.

1. myself

myself just me

Have you noticed people on psychology forums especially, whining things of the sort "How can I control my emotions," or "I can feel no emotions," or "I want back my emotions." Or "I am able to feel nothing, my gf broke up with me and I felt nothing."
    Do you think this is truly serious stuff? Or just whining of a spoilt kid turned adult? Just my personal take on such matters.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I think a lot of people have problems they could deal with themselves if they really wanted to. But I think a lot of it is just whiny self-pity. Most people really only think of themselves and not the real suffering that's going on all the time throughout the world.

Geez, those poor indigenous people in the jungles must really be suffering not having access to shrinks and the latest anti-depressants. *sarcasm*

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Emos make me want to SMASH! HULK SMASH!

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the advanced psychological techniques, as well as the wide variety of powerful hallucinogens developed over thousands of years by the shaman and voodoo priests :H

Hotwater

5. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I haven't really noticed lately, but I've seen it before. Do I take it seriously? Not always, I'll admit. I think the majority of the time, it is more of a cry for attention than a cry for real help. It seems more socially acceptable to bitch and whine than to be positive and to try and make things better.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

/\ not more socially acceptable, just a lot easier, and therefore, common

7. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

what's your personal take on such matters? you just asked questions there...

i think it's totally reasonable for ppl to ask questions about emotional matters in a psychology board... and i think the answers are very important in learning to relate to others. that's why i think it's good that we have separate forums so that those discussions (that obviously aren't tolerated by a lot of ppl) are separate from other... more interesting?.... threads

8. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

sometimes ppl just have to vent.. and forums are like a public diary... but still pretty anonymous

9. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

hahaa

Maybe they are having problems working through their emotions? I get help with that around here on occasion ... even here in RT...

10. TazOut

TazOut Banned

i was beaten as a kid with large wires :(

is this the right thread to say that?

11. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

large wires?

what were they originally used for?

12. TazOut

TazOut Banned

they were the wires that bring electricity from the pole to your house

13. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

woohoo, your dad must've been strong those are as thick as my arm!

14. TazOut

TazOut Banned

he's strong as an ox. its scary, i can't even look at him without being in fear. scars on my back from the times i got hit. for not passing in homework, i got 3 wacks on my back. for missing a day of school, i got 5. for fighting, i got 20