Which was/is the BEST era for gaming?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dude111, Dec 7, 2012.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think that MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing games) are interesting, but I can't get it out of my head that the internet service providers, like I don't even know their names - we have Frontier, are in it with the game companies making us buy the fastest internet package so that our kids (or in this case ourselves) can play Titan Fall.

The first time I experienced a massive online game was in the early 2000s apparently; I seem to remember it being later, when Final Fantasy XI came out. I feel like there has been a departure from that mode of introducing a new take on an existing series/franchise (unless you're counting the Final Fantasy VII remake) and a move on to making new material.

New material is great, but I think older gamers "miss" their old game for lack of better terminology. So, I guess I feel like maybe we said goodbye to something with the introduction of Xbox One and PS4. Both systems came out in 2013.

So I'm really talking about a window in gaming. I think probably like 2005-2013 was a winner... During that time period I went through several systems; PS2 and N64 among them. Presently I own a PS3 and love playing "Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns".