Which Vaccine???

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by ~Zen~, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review

COVID-19 cases and deaths in the United States have dropped to their lowest levels in nearly a year, and the number of people vaccinated continues to grow. As of May 27, 2021, nearly 133 million people in the U.S. are fully vaccinated, and the national percentage of COVID-19 tests that came back positive over the last 7 days was less than 3%. This is one of the lowest rates the United States has seen since widespread testing began. These encouraging trends come as many people are making plans to travel, gather with friends and family, and resume other activities they had avoided since the start of the pandemic.

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Second jab was better than the first. Not even a sore arm... Astra-Zeneca here.

djinx likes this.
  4. Rocket73

Rocket73 Senior Member

Pfyzer, had both shots, first in January second 10 weeks later ,no problem what so ever

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Joe Biden wants 70% of American adults having at least one vaccination shot by July 4th. With a week and a half left we're at 66%. It could be achieved so easily and yet so many just won't do it. Even Trump has told everyone to get it, and it seems to be the one thing his base won't do for him. If they were putting only themselves at risk I'd be okay with it, if they get sick and die they brought it on themselves, but they put others at risk too, especially with this new Delta variant going around. Idiots.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    ~Zen~ and djinx like this.
  6. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I acted responsibly during the pandemic. I avoided crowds when there were bans on crowds. I wore a mask and kept my distance from others. I washed my hands religiously. I got my shots as soon as I was confident they work.
    I did my part to avoid both getting COVID 19 and passing it on to others.
    I am deeply resentful so many people, instead of being similarly responsible, chose to play martyr for their own liberties or opine about some worldwide conspiracy. Now I have to share space with these unwise people.

Firefly99 likes this.
  7. chip92

chip92 Members

Iv had the astra zenica with mild side effects the 1st jab for 1 day

8. newo

9. Firefly99

Firefly99 Members

We are in another lock down here in Oz, and I recently got my second dose of Pfizer. I had a bit of a sore arm for a few days and a few aches and pains but nothing too bad. The vaccine rollout has been very slow here and too many people refuse to get it which is frustrating to say the least.

10. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Fear not darlin', they will (eventually) see the error of their ways when they are laying in a hospital bed connected to a ventilator !!!

Firefly99 likes this.
  11. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I will post a very very sad story and if anyone is reading this who is borderline in deciding to have the vaccine then this could be for you .

We got a phone call on Sunday night advising that one of my wife's friends and work colleague has now been diagnosed with terminal Cancer. He has a swelling on his knee that has ballooned to the size of a tennis ball in the last 4 months . He has been waiting for treatment but kept waiting because our hospital and the surrounding ones are clogged up full of Covid patients . Many of which had been offered the vaccine are clogging up the intensive care units and tying up resources that could be used to treat cancer and other serious complaints.

He has been told he has 12 months to live and cant be offered treatment that will cure it as its not been caught in time . How do you think they feel about that ? His wife will wake up every morning wondering if this is going to be her husbands last day . She is a widow in waiting and he is on death row knowing that it will be his last Christmas and last Easter to follow ,assuming his health hasn't worsened by then .

If enough people had taken up the vaccine in our area ,then this horrible nightmare situation could have been avoided .

Life is too precious to gamble . Please think about it .

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    VeganLadyAZ likes this.
  12. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

That is really sad and I'm very sorry to hear about that. I do and will blame the healthcare system in your country. No excuse to turn away someone especially a cancer patient.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  13. Firefly99

Firefly99 Members

That is so very sad, and I completely agree with you. So many ‘anti vaxxers’ here in Australia and yet again we are in lockdown. This will keep happening and so many sad stories like your friends, until people wake the fuck up and get the jab.

scratcho and Captain Scarlet like this.
  14. Vladimir Illich

Another sad story which could have turned out a whole lot different had he agreed to be vaccinated.

Vaccine sceptic, 34, who died of Covid 'wished he could turn back time'

Emily Cleary
    27 July 2021, 9:39 am
    [​IMG]
    Vaccine sceptic Matthew Keenan has died with Covid

A self-confessed vaccine sceptic died from coronavirus after admitting he 'wished he could turn back time'.

Football coach Matthew Keenan, 34, became seriously ill earlier this month after catching Covid and was left 'fighting for his life' in a Bradford hospital.

His desperate plight was shared by a senior Bradford Royal Infirmary medic who tweeted a photo of Mr Keenan receiving oxygen on his hospital bed.

The medic had described Matthew as a "self-confessed vaccine sceptic until he caught Covid", as well as a football coach and a dad.

Keenan agreed for his doctor to share his story after regretting turning down the life-saving vaccine.

Leanne Cheyne, respiratory consultant at Bradford Royal Infirmary, shared the picture on Twitter.
    She wrote: "Matthew has agreed for me to share his story.

"34, footie coach and dad. Self-confessed vaccine sceptic until he caught Covid, if he could turn back time he would.

"Our sickest patients are unvaccinated and under 40.

"Matthew is fighting for his life...save yours. #GetVaccinated #GrabAJab."

Dozens of tributes have been paid to the football-loving 34-year-old, who was from Bierley, Bradford.

A spokesman for the Bradford Sunday Alliance Football League said: "Wow a shock this morning, waking up to the devastating news that Matthew Keenan has passed away. Such a top lad gone too soon.

"Respected by everyone. My heart goes out to all his family at this sad time RIP big man and sleep tight."

Bradford's Toller Football Club said: "Everyone at the club are saddened to hear the death of Bradford legend Matthew Keenan.

"Tragic news to wake up to. The guy was a gem. Always smiling and put his heart and soul into Station Fc on a Sunday. Devastated for his partner and children. Life is way too short.

"Don’t hold any grudges it’s not expensive to be kind. Hold onto your family and loved ones whilst you can. RIP lad."

[​IMG]
    Medic Leanne Cheyne posted a picture of Matthew Keenan hooked up to oxygen as the former vaccine sceptic admitted he wished he could 'turn back time' and receive the jab (Twitter/Leanne Cheyne)
    And Bradford rap outfit Bad Boy Chiller Crew posted a photo of Matthew on Facebook with the message: "Can't believe we're writing this but Bradford has lost an absolute legend."

A spokesman for The Speak in Club, a mental health support group, said: "Absolutely gutted to hear of the passing of my mate Matthew Keenan.

"Genuinely one of the nicest people you will ever meet and the life and soul of everything.

"He lit up everywhere he stepped. Fly high, my brother. You Will Never Walk Alone."

More than 46 million Britons have had a first vaccine dose - nearly 90% of the adult population - and more than 36 million - about 70% of adults - have received both doses.

The number of first doses administered each day is now averaging at just under 50,000 - far below a peak of some 500,000 in mid-March. It rose in recent weeks as the vaccine rollout reached younger age groups, but has since fallen.

An average of more than 178,000 second doses are now being given a day, with the delivery of second doses accelerated in response to the emergence of the Delta variant, first identified in India.

However, many vaccine sceptics are still refusing the jab, and thousands congregated in Trafalgar Square last weekend to rally against government measures to curtail the spread of coronavirus infections.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  15. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Why are the homeless-tent city people not being found dead all around the city’s ?

VeganLadyAZ likes this.
  16. Vladimir Illich

Because over here, they're being (temporarily) re-housed in hotels and B&B establishments !!!

17. Firefly99

Firefly99 Members

Wow! Well you guys are waaaay ahead of us. We have one of the slowest vaccine roll outs in the world! Honestly Mr Bean could do a better job running the country than the muppet we have as PM.

18. VeganLadyAZ

VeganLadyAZ Members

I got the Pfizer–BioNTech in January first shot and second shot in February. I’m going for the booster on September 20th. I work in healthcare so I want to be sure Im fully protected.

MeAgain likes this.
  19. newo

I got Pfizer in March and April. I don't plan to get the booster, I'm in fairly good health, if I get Delta I expect to have either no symptoms or mild ones. Then I'll be that much more immune.

20. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I got the Moderna shot back in April and May.
    I got an e-mail about getting a booster but when I tried to make the appointment they told me I couldn't get it because Moderna has yet to be fda approved.

Whatever...