Which Vaccine???

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by ~Zen~, Feb 4, 2021.

1. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

I got Pfizer. No side effects with the first shot. The second shot was really sore the next day and the lymph node under the arm that got the shot swelled up. I got the second shot on a Thursday but was back to normal by Sunday. I was lucky. My sister got the Moderna shots and lost a week of work with each shot. They made her really sick. It’s her 55th birthday today. Happy Birthday Kimmy!

My wife and I decided to stagger our shots so we both wouldn’t be sick at the same time. I got it first because they opened it up to 50+ (I’m 52, she’s still in her 40’s). The day I got my second shot she tested positive for the virus. Ugh. Fortunately all she’s feeling is a cold. The kids tested negative.

2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Think before you post.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Piobaire and Tyrsonswood like this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had my second Astra Zenica vaccinovernight e last Tuesday - apart from a sore arm and a mild headache overnight I'm fine and now awaiting the opening up of pubs and restaurants due to happen on the 17th.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Funny thing... I do complain about CVS and Walgreens all the time.

wrat1 likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I've scheduled my second dose.

For me, the main thing is going to coffee shops, and whether or not I wear gloves all the time - they're $10 for a box of 100. :)

Moderna*

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I'm relatively well read, but I did not see one report of Biden or his administration "claiming the vaccine didn’t even exist when Biden took office" or "that Operation Warp Speed was created by Biden".
    Can you provide citations to support either of those claims, or should we simply assume prima facie that you're either semi-literate and misread and/or misunderstood their statements, or that you're simply full of shit?

"...the target set by the Trump administration (was) to vaccinate 20 million people by the end of 2020.
    By 31 December, fewer than three million had received one.
    The daily average for the week before Mr Trump left office was less than 900,000.."
    Covid-19: US vaccine rollout a 'dismal failure' under Trump
    Biden inherited nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch'
    Biden set a goal of 100 million vaccinations in 100 days.
    Biden met that goal in 60.
    Biden set a goal of 200 million vaccinations in the remaining 40 days.
    Biden achieved that goal on 21 April; Day 92.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Biden claimed the vaccine didn’t exist when he was inaugurated at his Town Hall. Ironic considering he was vaccinated back in November.
    Biden says during CNN town hall 'we didn't have' a coronavirus vaccine when he took office

I was mistaken about Biden claiming Operation Warp Speed didn’t exist. That was CNN. They also claimed Biden was responsible for vaccinating 235 million Americans. So far only 101 million Americans have been fully vaccinated. Award winning journalism, right?
    CNN analyst falsely credits Biden with vaccine distribution in the U.S., Operation Warp Speed

Various MSN articles claim anywhere from 16-21 million Americans were vaccinated in the weeks before Biden took office, yet you posted a link about there being no plan to distribute the vaccine so they had to start from scratch. That doesn’t exactly help your case, especially when you already admitted almost a million Americans were receiving the vaccine daily when Biden took office. According to this article, Harris made the claim there was no vaccination plan (yet she was vaccinated last November), and there had already been several days with more than 1 million vaccinations in the month leading up to Biden’s inauguration.
    Harris’s claim that Biden vaccine plan was ‘starting from scratch’

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that vaccinations didn’t even begin until December 12. Upwards of 21 million were vaccinated in 38 days under Trump. Considering it was a newly implemented, massive rollout of a new vaccine with a limited supply as manufacturers were still in the initial stages of production, that doesn’t sound bad to me. I’m not saying his rollout plan was perfect, the articles I posted discuss issues that still needed work such as preparing pharmacies to give the vaccine, but claims he had no rollout plan at all are ludicrous.

Feel free to ask for citations, but don’t ramble on about being “well read” and saying I’m full of shit when a simple Google search would have provided your answers. There’s no need for insults.

wrat1 likes this.
  8. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Fair enough.

You do realize pharmacists have a PharmD, right? Doctor of Pharmacy. You don’t trust someone with six years of medical training to give you a shot? I realize their public facing image is somebody in a lab coat counting pills, but they also intern at hospitals and conduct medical research. A lot of them actually have 8 years of training if they choose to participate in a two year Residency program.

But all it takes is a two hour online class to get certified to give vaccinations. My two shots were given by an EMT and a firefighter.

Who would you rather give you a shot? A PharmD with 6-8 years of medical training, or an EMT who took an 8 week EMT class (twice a week, at night) and a two hour online class? Either way, doing the sticky-jabby thing isn’t rocket surgery.

wrat1 likes this.
  9. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Cute meme, but all I have to do is listen to him speak.

wrat1 likes this.
  10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

So, when you posted "...940,000 Americans were getting vaccinated every day when Trump left office...Biden and Harris both made fools of themselves when they claimed the vaccine didn’t even exist when Biden took office.....And CNN claimed two days ago that Operation Warp Speed was created by Biden. People on both sides are stupid. Biden is as big a buffoon as Trump", you relied upon an exaggeration, an honest mistake in diction, and one cherry-picked inaccurate article (out of the dozens of accurate sources available) to support your prejudicial confirmation bias.
    Doesn't that seem just a wee bit intellectually dishonest?

So, you are literate; just dishonest; i.e., full of shit.
    Good to know.

11. wrat1

wrat1 Members

12. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Cherry picked inaccurate article? Which one was that? There were pages and pages of search results for everything I posted.

Was it the one about Kamala Harris? OK, even Snopes took it up
    Did Biden Inherit 'Nonexistent' COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan? | Snopes.com

Still continuing with the personal insults, huh? Stop acting like a petulant child. You’re embarrassing yourself.

wrat1 likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Get your facts straight.

Biden never said the vaccine didn’t exist, only that the Trump administration didn’t have a policy in place to distribute the vaccine. And that POS Trump didn’t have a policy for distribution. He was shipping out the vaccine helter-skelter.

For a southpaw you sure seem to throw a lot with your right-hand……hmmmmm

14. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Actually he did sorry
    Biden says during CNN town hall 'we didn't have' a coronavirus vaccine when he took office | Washington Examiner
    “It’s one thing to have the vaccine,” Biden told CNN’s Anderson Cooper during a town hall event on Tuesday night. “Which we didn’t have when we came into office. But a vaccinator, how do you get the vaccine into someone’s arm.”

He was confused he is old

SouthPaw likes this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Thanks for the gaslighting, but you're the one positing the ludicrously false equivalence between Trump and Biden.
    Nice bit of trollery, though; hijacking a thread, sowing discord, and making yourself the center of attention.

16. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

“It’s one thing to have the vaccine,” Biden told CNN’s Anderson Cooper during a town hall event on Tuesday night. “Which we didn’t have when we came into office. But a vaccinator, how do you get the vaccine into someone’s arm.” - Joe Biden

Vaccinators? Another example of Joe’s thoughts getting away from him.

Trump had ordered 100 million doses from Pfizer as an incentive to get the vaccine developed. He then ordered an additional 100 million doses. It had just gone into production so we’d only received a fraction of that when Biden took office (I’m finding different numbers but they range from 30-40 million doses). Somewhere around 15-21 million doses had been administered (different gov’t sources cite different numbers) and the states were in possession of about another 10 million. In December Trump stated he hoped to have 35 million people vaccinated by the end of January but we fell short. The amount of available doses has skyrocketed since January because we now also have J&J and Moderna providing vaccine.

I never sad the rollout was perfect. I admitted that in an earlier post. Biden has actually continued Trump’s policy of letting the states control distribution, so each state is doing its own thing. NH has been the most efficient giving out somewhere around 90% of their supply and Alabama only gave out about 60% of their supply. It’s still a hodge-podge distribution policy but nobody wants to admit it. Biden’s distribution policy has plenty of flaws. For example, CDC isn’t allowing the vaccines to be distributed equally across the states. CT received more doses than eligible people, but other states are only receiving about 70% of the needed doses. If Trump was still President you’d all be in an uproar. But Biden, so shhhhhh…..

17. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Not what happened at all. I was trying to have a civil discussion. You threw out personal insults and claimed what I posted, readily available on a variety of left wing websites, as false. If you can’t engage in rational conversation, why are you engaging at all?

Are you going to boycott Elon Musk’s appearance on SNL? The cast is triggered. You must be, too.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Exactly it was nothing more than a misstatement that anyone could make, only an idiot would take it as a statement of fact

20. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Kinda like some of the stupid shit the other guy said