Which Vaccine???

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by ~Zen~, Feb 4, 2021.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I'm so happy you are getting the shot. Hope it works well and you stay healthy Vlad!

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I feel so sorry for people in the US who are theoretical living in the worlds most advanced country.

I originally supported Trump, simply because h seemed to be the first person to appreciate the impact from China on the west.
    However, his future decisions were completely idiotic.
    I have explained several times that covid is not as deadly as the media sometimes make out, but correct action is vital to save unnecessary deaths.
    Trumps actions have been wrong at every turn and I now consider him as a complete uncaring idiot. Why he failed to delegate the decision making to doctors completely defies belief.

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The most advanced military, the most backwards population since the dark ages.

wilsjane likes this.
  4. Escierto

Escierto Members

Just got my second Moderna vaccine shot today. I am vaccinated!

5. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Good luck with any side affects. My girl friend just had hers this past Monday and she got hit hard for about two-three days by the side affects. Yet others just complained about the shot site in the arm.

The Johnson & Johnson one will be a one dose shot. Their vaccine does not need to be stored in dry ice at sub freezing temperatures. But can be handled like normal medications in a normal fridge setting. Has a longer shelf life. And is shown to be 86 % affected. It also shows that it eases symptoms of people already sick. I think J&J will be a game changer in the whole thing.

6. Escierto

Escierto Members

Was the shot she got the first or the second? I had a lot of pain in my arm and fatigue the first couple of days after the first shot.

7. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

It was her second one. No real issues with the first one. I got my first one the same day as her second. I had no issues just a sore spot where I got the shot. The only reason I got it so early is that the hospital had vaccines that they needed to use by that day. So I agreed to get the shot

8. Escierto

Escierto Members

Did
    Did you guys get Pfizer or Moderna?

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

So far, no one I know who's had the vaccine has experienced any untoward effects.

10. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

These are conglomerates, enormous banks that work for the Pentagon, and they have each deliberately taken a different approach, agreed upon ahead of time. They know the limits of the technology, and how important it is to protect their investments by not relying upon putting all their eggs in one basket.

11. Escierto

Escierto Members

Now that I am in the day after getting the second shot, I am not experiencing what other people reported. My arm hurts but it is less painful and swollen than the first shot. Also I am not feeling really fatigued like I was after the first shot. Back in February of last year I was really sick with what might have been Covid.

12. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

13. sherman march

sherman march Members

I have a computer but not a printer. Also, am over 70 and not real up-to-date on computer technology. I get an e-mail telling me I can sign up for a vaccination appointment but I must fill-out online a form, print out a copy and bring it with me to the vaccination location along with a photo ID and insurance cards. If these rules are not followed to the "T" then I will not be given a vaccination. So I skipped making a vaccination appointment because I can't print off the online form I was supposed to fill out and bring with me to get a vaccination. With this level of bureaucratic bungling good luck getting most Americans vaccinated by July as Biden said would be done.

14. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know at least two people who, having had the first dose of the vaccine have had an adverse reaction.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’m scheduled this week to take my first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, can't wait

scratcho and Escierto like this.
  16. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

I've had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Sore arm, chills after first shot, sore arm after second.

Escierto likes this.
  17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I haven't been able to get vaccinated yet. My GP and the huge modern hospital at which I have appointments are not yet yet giving shots to the public. I figured Oregon would be on top of this given that we are a pretty progressive state. I've gotten out about once a month since January of last year and haven't seen 2 of my kids or grand kids since then! I'll take whatever they offer when it becomes available.

18. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I plan on getting all of them once everyone else in the world is set (I wouldn't think of denying anyone else because of my overcautiousness) and I know one won't work against another or otherwise won't be detrimental. Of course I assume each vaccine is slightly different.

19. important to vaccine

20. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

(60 years, Single UK Male) = Still waiting for my first jab = Ah well, I guess a Watcher on the wall be I