which places did you go barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by lovebarefoot, May 25, 2014.

1. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Sad today missing my one foot rubbing man. sad also I can get my laptop online at Macdonalds to post my weekend feet. Now sitting at a Macdonalds barefoot contemplating the world. Gona go grocery shopping now. Barefoot of course. Same supermarket as I always go and 5/10 times get weird as or bitch looks. Lol just smile or stare back n keep walkin. Will go to the blacksmith Wednesday hoping for fine evening so I can sit outside.

1 person likes this.
  2. phill32

phill32 Members

Better progress lately. Spent a lot more time barefoot in recent weeks, taking the approach that whenever I'm out just take the shoes off as much as possible. Got some lightweight shoes which helps as they can be easily slipped into a bag when barefoot. Also customised a pair of black socks to keep the top of the foot covered while the bottom of the foot is bare. This helped with spending more time semi-barefoot in places where I haven't yet got the confidence to do it properly, eg. in shops, around busier public areas. Also re-affirmed the feeling that barefoot is best today. Had to do a 15 mile walk in proper shoes and feet were aching generally not enjoying it. Had enough after 13 miles, refreshed my feet in the cold river and did the last two barefoot. The last two miles were so much easier it was amazing, not having to walk in heavy shoes. Looking forward to the summer now, having started in winter on colder ground the prospect of summer (even in England) is quite appealing!

3. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Been everywhere barefoot for past 4 days. No shoes have touched my feet. Yesterday was in Middlemore hospital. And a nurse was nearly having a cow that someone would choose to walk around barefoot. I laughed n said I don't wear shoes.! She eventually said you have very pretty feet. And still looked in shock as I walked out...barefoot.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Member

always barefoot when visiting in hospitals.
    Yesterday at work had a visit from tax dept. 3 men in suits to interview me. What do you think I was wearing on my feet?

5. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Toe nail polish ????

6. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Member

you're too cheeky tattgirl. as you know I prefer my feet bare; - that includes bare of nail polish also

7. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Today I went to the gym barefoot. No issues. Then to Kmart. Then Silvia park (large shopping Centre in auckland). Then S picked me up n we went into Wynyard quarter silo markets(auckland cbd).
    yes well I do agree male feet shud be polish free. But mine hell no polish, art n jewlery a must and a pleasure.

8. crispy91

crispy91 Member

I actually went barefoot in school for the first time recently. We were working on IVs, so I thought my instructor would definitely tell me to put on shoes, but all she said was "make sure you don't step on any needles." Sounds like a green light to me!

1 person likes this.
  9. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

The weather looks like it's going to be a bit nicer this weekend, so I'm definitely going for my first proper barefoot walk of 2015. Can't wait.

Yeah I know I'm a wimp for not going barefoot outside in winter.

10. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Today: Gas station to get cigarettes, about half an hour walk in 5°C weather ...

11. tattgirl

tattgirl Member

Did non violent crisis intervention training today. I always do say i most definatly dont need shoes on to run away !!

1 person likes this.
  12. Hairless1

Hairless1 Member

After reading about your fun walking in the paint & then seeing your picture I came up with an idea. I want to watch for the line painting crews working in a location where I can get away with stopping, jumping out of the car BAREFOOT, & walking in the reflective line paint. Then put reflective footprints down the road! Can you imagine driving down the road at night & seeing glowing footprints? Lol

1 person likes this.
  13. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Today: going for cigarettes, going for groceries, now at home and in the evening I'll go to a birthday party barefoot. Have no shoes. ;)

Was quite cold today in the morning, about 2°C ...

1 person likes this.
  14. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Beautiful sunshine & holiday by the sea in Cornwall visiting friends. Sand was lovely and warm today, I walked for an hour with my dog before stopping for coffee in a local bar. A good day to be human :)
    (p.s. excuse the legs I have not shaved them this week lol )

Shayla x

2 people like this.
  15. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Oops forgot attachment lol

Sxx

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  16. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I went to the mall with my mom and Red Robin.

1 person likes this.
  17. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Nice photo. :)

I go barefoot everywhere now cause I don't have any shoes. (Well, I have one pair, but it's not wearable right now, I'd have to do extensive repair work.) Feels good to be barefoot 24/7. :)

I think I'll not get shoes before next winter, and even than it'll be only flip-flops or espadrilles.

Edit: typo

1 person likes this.
  18. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Well done, slarti. F*ck the shoes, who needs 'em. I'm now going barefoot 24/7, even at work which is a staid boring office job. I've found as long as I'm dressed suitably otherwise, no one notices or cares about bare feet. I'm now down to owning one pair of shoes which I keep in the car "just in case", but have not worn them for months. The only occasional hassle I get is from young kids who feel compelled to shout "where's ya shoes" etc. As I'm not in the first flush of youth I feel I've earned the right to do what I want so I'm now used to these comments and think "f*ck 'em". Barefoot is best!!

1 person likes this.
  19. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

Yesterday I had a long walk around the Midlands barefoot. I walked around the city in Wolverhampton and through the Mander a Shopping Centre which has lovely cold floors although I definitely prefer the warm roads and pavements.

Then I went to the station which was filthy :) and caught a train to Sandwell and Dudley and then walked to West Bromwich which was a nice warm walk and had a wonder around the town centre. Then I walked back out of town and headed towards Smethwick.

On the war there I walked down a street where the tar was still wet and it got stuck to my soles it felt really nice and so I stopped and enjoyed the feel. (Yes it took a while to get off after but it felt amazing)

After that I reached the canal by which time the tar on my soles had dried mostly although I did walk through some freshly cut grass and some of that got stuck to my feet.

Then I carried on walking and walked through some wonderfully sticky mud which felt great between my toes. Further down I had to walk through some puddles which removed most of the mud and dirt I'd picked up along the way as well as the grass then I near Smethwick and walked through the street to Smethwich Galton Bridge Station.

And caught a train to Birmingham and had a nice wonder through the city centre, although it started to rain briefly in the evening and then I walked home.

Definitely my favourite barefoot adventure this year and probably one of my favourites of all time.

3 people like this.